~64~

Thank you all so so much for 10k reads!

Kai's POV.

I don't know what did the two goofballs did but I will most definitely beat them up after this.

Oh how my mind was right. Both dumb and dumber apparently spilled the beans and now we are supposed to be hung. I don't know how they managed to piss off that many people but I'm sure that they've had tons of time to practice that.

I was lead towards a small stage that had an extension that went over three fourths of the stage and had three ropes hanging. Both dumbasses were already lined up so they both watched me being pushed up the stage.

After they lined me up I didn't even glance when one of them whisper-called my name. I hate them with all I have because of them I won't get back to 10k and everyone else. God I hope they are alright.

I stood there and watched in the distance until a familiar voice called out.

"These fools stand accused of grand larceny, willful depiction and fraud." A Mexican accent drummed in my ears. That motherfucker Hector is here. I'd tell him to slag off but he's not worth it.

The "court" blabbered about the most random shit. I regret ever deciding to stay with both idiots. I should have killed them while I could. Instead now I have to die before I can have the chance to kill both of them.

"Sir Hector. That boy. It's not his fault. He can barely say a word!" A woman's voice came from the crowd. I looked at her as she stood up.

"Please spare him. He was most likely picked up on the way and he didn't know that the other two were stealing." She kept talking. I immediately had a plan forming in my head.

"Is that true boy?" Hector said without sparing me a glance. I smiled on the inside.

It is my lucky hour. I'm going to find you 10k.

I nod quickly several times to signal that I agree with her. She smiles at me as a mother would and begins to talk again.

"The boy agreed. Let him go." She orders as she raises her voice. Hector agrees and signals for one of his men to free me. I spare a glance at both goofballs as they free me and to be fair I felt good for abandoning them.

I quickly jumped down from the stage and headed towards the exit of the backyard. On the was the woman who freed me stopped me to say that I should pick better who I stay with. I kindly nodded at her and smiled.

She brushed my hair out of my face and kissed my cheekbone where my scar is placed. I instantly froze up and after she let me go she realized what had happened.

"Oh honey that scar is proof that you are tougher than the rest of us. Wear it proudly!" She whispers and lets me go. I nod at her and quickly go to pick my stuff up.

I entered the house I was in and found my bag nicely placed in the hall. It had a note and another smaller pouch next to it.

The note said that the woman is happy to let me go and that she knows that I wasn't picked up on the way. She said that a kid as young as me should not die. I smiled at that and picked up both bags.

as I was about to head out gunshots came from the backyard. I just knew that its the two idiots. I decided that I will just sneak out.

As soon as I walked out the door I ran into both of them. We all stopped dead into our tracks and just stood there for a few seconds before one of us decided to say something.

"Soo kid. We don't blame you." Sketchy said. I eyed him suspiciously as he kept blabbering.

"Yeah! Well played little one!" Skeezy chimed in. I want to spin their necks.

"I'm leaving. I'm better on my own." I replied dryly and walked off. Surprisingly none of them followed me after that. I was glad about it though.

As I was about to leave some very familiar voice called me. I immediately looked for the caller and there they were. My awesome yet weird group of family. I instantly took off to run towards them.

The first to hug me were 10k and dad. I hugged them back without hesitation. Dad even shed a tear as he let go off me.

"C'mon kid we gotta get out of here!" Warren yelled orders. Oh how I missed this. I simply smiled and nodded to her.

We all started to move towards the exit of this backyard but then a lady stopped and pointed to someone. I stopped and got my gun ready to shoot. 10K stood next to me and guarded the others too. As the woman ran off to do her thing Murphy was holding back other zombies from her.

That bastard looks more blue than ever. None of them look their best but it's good to have them back. It is so good to be back.

It really is good to be back yall. I've been having hard time with mental health and to get stuff done therefore the lack of content. After New Years expect more frequent content. Thank you all for the reads it keeps me goingg :)

-Kat:)