~8~

3rd person.

The team was still on the junker. Since the time went by slowly everyone had some conversations going on between each other.

After some time Warren stopped the car because there was something going on surprised everyone.

Their truck was on the side of the road. The robbers were on their knees in the middle of the road and a family of 4 in front of them. Kai took a peek around their truck and there were more robbers all lined up and chained.

She just sat back down and didn't feel interested in saving anyone today. She also had a huge pain from her broken finger.

While the rest of the team left to save the family, Kai just sat there and enjoyed her peace. She actually was about to fall asleep until she heard gunshots. It made her flick her eyes open and looked over the junker's roof. The robbers were dead and her team was throwing their weapons on the ground.

She immediately aimed her sniper towards them and waited for Garnett's sign.

[Garnett] "Hold it Kai."

She was disappointed that they lost their car again. But she didn't want to make Garnett mad so she didn't do anything.

The team just stood there and watched as the family took their car and left.

[Murphy] "Never get out of the boat." He said as everyone took their new places.

Now 10k and Kai was sitting in the frond fingers laced and chit-chatting with Cassandra now laying across their lap's. Warren, Murphy and now Doc sat inside the car. Garnett and Mack in the back with Addy on their lap's.

[Murphy] "Yo can't this thing go any faster? I'm gonna die of old age before we make it to California."

[Warren] "You can always get out and push."

Everyone slightly giggled except the teens in the front. They were deeply into whatever they were talking about. 

[Murphy] "No, not me sister. I'm special."

[Kai] "Special kind of idiotic." She said loud enough for everyone to hear as she overheard them and everyone just laughed. Of course Murphy being sassy he rolled his eyes.

*little time skip*

[Garnett] "Stop the car!"

[Doc] "Oh, it's the family."

The view was rather weird. The family being munched up. The team killed all the Z's, took their old car back and left off.

Kai's pov.

We made it into some kind of a town.

We found a way to communicate with someone called Citizen Z. I hadn't been introduced to him yet.

Me and 10k were a little bit off the group. 10k was sleeping and I just sat near him with Cassandra. Me and her were getting closer. I apologized to her for having so much hate towards her and she said it was just fine.

Garnett called me and Cass to go and introduce ourselves with the Citizen guy. I jumped out of the truck and went over to say hi.

"Wow...Uhm hey." There was a guy's voice.

I knew he could see me so I waved and smiled.

"You're really skilled for a military trainee. Garnett told me a bit about you. Kai was the name right?" As he said the words 'Military trainee' I winced but kept on being nice.

After my turn introducing myself I tried hiding my emotions but they took over me. I went somewhere quiet. I needed to cry to let all the memories go.

*Flashback*

I stood in a line of people. I was the youngest and the only female there. We all were dressed into military uniforms. In front of out line stood a person. He was the commander. He was telling something that I can't really remember that really angered me. I didn't feel safe there anymore since of what all the men said and did to me. I took off to run away. I knew I didn't want to be in this military camp but it was safer out there than with those mutations(its like a few months in the zombie apocalypse if u wondering). Since I was well trained from my dad and there couple of weeks here. I could easily beat anyone who stood in my way. I ran to my room to get my stuff and then that was when everything was like in a fog.

*present day*

I was slumped against a tree crying remembering all the memories. No I wasn't sobbing. Just tears running down my face. I heard someone come closer mentioning my name as they did but I didn't move. I didn't care because it wasn't a Z.

I saw someone squat next to me. I could tell by the color of the person's pants that it was Warren.

3rd person.

[Warren] "Hey girl. I saw you run off. You didn't really like what that Z guy said did you?"

Kai just shook her head and wiped away her tears. Warren pulled her into a light hug and Kai actually hugged her back. She needed it.

[Kai] "Thank you. For keeping me with you guys."

Warren just hugged her tighter and whispered some nice things to calm her down. After some time when Kai seemed calm Warren let go off Kai and stood up holding out a hand for Kai to grab.

[Warren] "Come on. Let's not worry your boyfriend more." She said as she helped Kai back u to her feet.

[Warren] "And don't be scared to show your emotions."

They both went back to the truck and Kai received some concerned looks. Warren just shoo'd them away and they all were back in the truck to drive away.

10k this time sat in the car's back seat, Kai straddling him. She was asleep after whispering what happened into his neck. 10k just kept his arms around her and comforted her. Murphy and Cassandra sat in the backseats with 10k with Kai all packed in the car. Warren and Garnett in the front seats. Doc, Addy and Mack In the very back since there were no seats left.