~44~

Kai's POV.

We entered the building and we decided to split up to cover more ground. Dad was a bit hesitant but eventually he agreed. Before heading my way I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. He gave me a weak smile and he went his way.

As I turned to walk down the hallway I heard some rustling. I instantly pulled up my sniper and my finger loosely laid on the trigger ready to shoot.

As I moved towards the noise I saw a man strangling Doc. I instantly pulled up my sniper but before I could do anything Doc already shoved a sharp object in the man's neck. I rushed to him and pushed the man off Doc. I helped him up and 10k rushed in afterwards.

Me and 10k locked our eyes and stared for a moment. I made sure that Doc was safe and that he can stand on his own before I ran at 10k full speed. He spread his arms outwards so I could hug him. As I ran into him I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him. He didn't hesitate to kiss back and put both his hands on my butt to support my weight.

I smiled against his lips and my fingers found their way into his hair softly tugging on it. Before I could pull away Doc awkwardly coughed. I pulled away and 10k peeked over my shoulder to Doc. I looked over my shoulder too while my body still was in the same position as before.

Doc just awkwardly waved and one of his arms loosely rested on his hip. I chuckled and looked back at 10k. I smiled at him and pecked his lips. He let me unwrap myself from his body and as my feet stood on the floor his hands rested on my hips and his blue eyes scanned my face.

His arm cupped my cheek and his thumb ran across the new cut that had stopped bleeding. Before I could say anything the man who Doc killed sat up and charged at Doc. I quickly lifted up my sniper and shot him.

"Damn it can't I have a moment without decaying bodies trying to eat our brains?" I whined as Doc and 10k laughed.

"What? I meant it..." I said with a chuckle which made them laugh more. After some time we calmed down and I remembered that we are supposed to find Warren and dad.

"Hey 10k?" As I said that his head turned to face me.

"How would you like to meet my dad? And also have you seen my throwing knives? I think I gave them to you." I blurted out. He just laughed and took off his bag that was on his back. He dug around for a bit and pulled out the knives along their holster.

"You found your dad?" Doc and 10k asked me back as 10k handed me the knives. I nodded and kissed his cheek as in 'thanks'. His face turned slight pink from the gesture and it made me smile.

"Well I mean...sure why not." 10k replied and smiled a small smile.

*time skip brought to you by my lazy ass*

I led both men to the spot that me and Warren agreed to meet in. They weren't here yet so I figured that they will come later. We decided to go and find some clothes to change. Before we left I decided to leave my dad a sign that I will be here.

I took out one of my throwing knives and carved into the wall:

"Viene Diego"("Diego is coming")

As I finished carving Doc and 10k looked at me, both confused.

"What language is that?" Doc asked me. I just chuckled as I put my knife away.

"Spanish. He'll understand. Now let's go." I said as I looked around for any noise or movement. There wasn't any so we looked through different apartments. As we entered one there were a few Z's so I shot them with 10k's help. There was a closet in one and I walked up to it. As I pulled the door open my mouth opened.

There were a lot of clothes and all were in my favorite colors. A grin appeared on my face and I rummaged through the closet and pulled out some pieces of clothes that would look good. I looked at what I chose and it looked pretty good.

I got an all black outfit. The t-shirt was black with a drawing of a neon green lightning on the front. Black cargo pants and new combat boots were included since the previous ones were in no shape to be still worn. A black jacket was tied around my waist since it was too hot to wear one and a new baseball hat sat on my head. I looked into the shattered mirror that was next to the closet. The outfit was good but I knew I could do better.

As I walked out of the apartment Doc and 10k were still in their previous clothes. Both their heads shot up to look at me as they heard me step out of the room.

"Looking stylish as always kiddo." Doc complimented and flashed a nice smile. I thanked him and turned to face 10k. He looked me up and down.

"Apocalypse sucks. There aren't any stylish clothes here." I whined once again and 10k's lips pulled upwards to form a smile. I chuckled and we all got up to go see my dad.

As we reached the spot it was empty. I looked both ways and I noticed a boot sticking around the corner.

I whistled and Warren stepped out of the corner. I smiled at her and she returned it. Dad stepped out of their hiding spot and he looked me up and down. I ran up to him to hug him and he let me. Even though I'm a seventeen year old living in a god damn apocalypse I still felt like a kid when I hugged him or 10k.

As I pulled away from him his eyes trailed behind me. I then remembered that I wanted to introduce him to both 10k and Doc. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards both guys that stared at me with confusion.

"Doc, 10k. This is my dad." I motioned to my dad as I looked their way. As realization hit 10k's face changed from confused to shocked.

"Dad, this is Doc and 10k." I said to him and pointed to each one of them as I spoke out their names. Dad's gaze stopped at 10k. Well the next few moments shall be worth it.

"Este es el chico?"("Is this the guy?") He asked me without even looking at me. His gaze still locked onto 10k. I sighed and replied.

"Si, por favor se amable."("Yes, so please be nice.") I scolded him and he just nodded.

"If you hurt her kid you're dead." He threatened 10k. 10k's face paled and he looked at me for any help. I raised my arms in defense and let him handle this situation on his own.

"I'd never hurt her sir." He finally said and dad's gaze softened. He nodded and 10k visibly relaxed. I just chuckled.

"Right. Now that we are one happy family let's go beat Murphy's ass." I said as I didn't want dad to embarrass me or make things even more awkward. So I took both, my dad's and 10k's hand and pulled them along.

Holy crap. 1k reads already. I love you all so much. Thank you for the votes too. I'll give credits to you all in the last chapter of the book.

-Kat:)