~22~

Kai's pov.

I was held down by Homer. He had a pretty tight grip around me but it was enough just to keep me in place. I wasn't scared at all. In fact I was calm because I knew that 10k would get him for that. Also by shooting me he would do me quiet a favor. And no I am not suicidal I'm just tired of this fucking apocalypse.

"Don't do that sir." I heard 10k's voice speak up. Some joy filled me. I was intrigued about what he will do. I just grinned from one ear to other. I knew that he can see one side of my face so I knew that he did see my grin.

"Go ahead. Do me a solid. Just don't leave me a Z." Homer spoke up but his voice was slightly trembling. I assumed because he saw my face.

"I'd never do that Mr. Stubbins. We just need your help." 10k said the second part while he let go of the man as he still held me. There was a little moment of quiet and he slowly let me go.

I started to laugh and looked up at him. My 'insane' act was working perfect. Homer looked terrified.

"Well hello to you too!" I said while still laughing and opened my arms to welcome him into a hug. He stepped back and looked at Warren who stood behind me.

I stopped laughing and looked straight into his eyes. I slightly tilted my head to the side and smiled showing him my teeth.

"Kailey Diego Vasquez, at your service sir!" I said with a little giggle and bowed down like previously. Once I straightened my back he looked like his soul had left his body.

"Kailey...Is that really you?" He asked which confused me. How did he know me.

"Yep the one and only. But please - call me Kai." I said with now a small smile and sticked my hand out for him to shake. Instead he just pulled me into a hug.

I didn't know what to do. I just stood there more confused than before. I knew I had quite a reputation here but DAMN I didn't think that everyone here knew me.

"I wish you knew how hard it was after you left" He whispered in my ear which surprised me. Before I left it had been my 15th birthday. Yes the damn apocalypse broke out on my birthday.

I had something planned for this city since it was a really small city. Everyone here knew every single thing you did even before you did it but I managed to keep my surprise hidden.

I had made a scrap book for everyone in this city. Each person had a personalized scrap book of pictures with me. I knew that it will be hard for me to leave them so I wanted them to remember me. Of course it was before I turned into this human that I call a pile of shit.

We still stood there and I had hugged him back. To be fair it was nice to know that people knew me. Even after these long ass years they remembered my name.

At first I was afraid to come back here knowing that some people might have forgotten about me. But now seeing that there was only 3 people left alive out of around 30. That was kind of sad but hell I blamed myself for it.

3rd person.

[Murphy] "Enough hugging we have a situation going on here."

As he finished his sentence both, Homer and Kai let go of each other and walked back inside. Homer wiped a few tears that had escaped and now he was back into his 'idgaf' personality. Kai looked sad but she finally had decided to let go of her 'insane' act. She put on her regular face and walked in the living room where everyone was already talking about their plan.

She sat down on the table that everyone was around and listened. She didn't say a single word until the planning was done.

As Homer placed his ammo bag in her lap her face brightened up.

[Kai] "Let's get this party started bitches!" She yelled and everyone jumped at that.

[Warren] "Hey! Language!" As she said that Kai slumped over the bag.

[Kai] "You're no fun." She said and sat up. Warren rolled her eyes and walked over to Kai to grab a few things from the bag.

As everyone had loaded up Kai looked in the bag and realized that there were better guns than hers so she swapped them. She also loaded up and took the extra magazines that matched her guns with her.

Homer just watched her swap her guns and he was impressed.

[Homer] "I see you are still like your dad. By the way how is he?"

As he finished his words Kai froze. She didn't know what to say.

[Kai] "I...Uhm...He left like a month before this all started. I don't even know if he is still breathing."

[Homer] "Oh I'm sorry. I bet he still is alive knowing him. He was one tough guy. He helped our little community so much. If you ever see him say a 'thank you' from me."

He had came up to Kai and placed a hand on his shoulder. Kai gave him a small smile as he left. She was the last one in the house. Before she left she took one last look around.

As she walked back out the team was ready to leave. Once they were almost out of Homers property they had stopped to look at something. It was a zombified woman. 

Once Homer was done with remembering stuff they walked towards the reactor.

*time skip*

As they reached the reactor Warren split them all into groups. 10k, Homer, Cassandra and Doc was sent up to the reactor and see if they can shut it down. Murphy was sent away with the woman they met earlier to get him as far as possible. Warren and Kai went to see if they can get a vehicle and to help the woman to make the plane run on vodka.

Some time later as Murphy was in air Warren took Kai and went to look for a vehicle they could use. While Warren looked around Kai used the radio phone that she found at Homers place she tried contacting Citizen Z.

Once she managed to contact him she asked him to find anything about radioactive Z's.

[Simon] "They are highly radioactive. Highly recommended to avoid contact with blood, saliva basically any kind of body liquid. And do not let them splatter you"

[Warren] "Do not let them splatter me. Got it."

As she said that a Z came running towards her. She quickly threw the phone over her shoulder towards Kai who managed to catch it without any issues. As Warren was fighting the Z Kai tried contacting Doc to see how they were doing but failed. She assumed that the signals might be damaged by the radiation.

All that she could do is hope that they return safe.