~16~

Sorry for not writing yesterday my mom was sick and I had to help my dad take care of my siblings. Today another double update to make it up to you all.

Kai's pov.

We had arrived at some place I had no idea the name of. I got out of the truck and went to slap 10k for earlier.

"Ouchh what was that for?!" He asked me after I slapped the back of his head. I raised one of my eyebrows and placed both my hands on my hips.

"Oh right. Sorry for that." He apologized and I just giggled. He smiled and I pulled him into a hug and I felt him wrap his arms around my waist.

We then pulled apart because we heard a car door slam. Warren had gotten out of the car and went in a building that said 'Fu-bar'. So I suppose they had alcohol. I knew that in that case Warren will be careful so I had nothing to worry about.

3rd person.

[???] "Welcome to S&S Limited, the finest gun show in the west. Entry fee is seven."

A woman spoke up and the group turned their heads their way. Then they all shared confused looks between each other.

[Doc] "Seven what?"

[???] "Bullets. Oxy. Grams of whatever DIY super fun time substance you got."

[Doc] "Well I think I got some crystal back in the truck. It's the good stuff too. Yeah"

As Doc turned to go back to the truck he was interrupted by a familiar voice.

[???] "Back off with the toilet bowl cleanser meth. We only take that genuine vein splittin' take you right out of this beautiful apocalypse and into a hell-hole meth."

It was Sketchy who was speaking. Doc recognized the voice instantly and he turned around in a speed that could easily make a tornado.

[Doc] "Well slap my ass and call me Sally if that ain't Sketchy McClain. How'd you get way out here?

[Sketchy] "We traded our way up the world."

As Doc had a conversation with his old friends Kai looked confused.

[Kai] "Who the fuck are they?"

She asked 10k. He just shrugged his shoulders. Kai then felt someone staring at her. She looked around and it was Sketchy who was staring. Kai gave him her best death-stare making him feel uncomfortable.

Doc noticed the tension in Sketchy and asked him if he's okay.

[Sketchy] "Yeah but who is that girl there? She is giving me goosy's man."(Goosy's are supposed to mean goosebumps. Wanted to make up a word that Sketchy would use)

Doc looked behind his back and found that the girl who his old friend was talking about was Kai. He just turned his head back and laughed.

[Doc] "Oh that's one of our two best shooters. Her name is Kai. Don't mess with her because she never misses a single shot."

[Sketchy] "Got it. Who are the other two kids?"

Doc then turned his body fully to introduce everyone else.

[Doc] "The boy is 10k. He's a boyfriend to Kai. He is the other sharp-shooter. And then there is Cassandra. She isn't really handy with a gun but still useful. Both Kai and 10k protect Cass as she is their child even though she is their age."

After introducing the 'Family' Sketchy felt relieved. He was more afraid of Kai than the rest of them. He was mostly scared because of the way she looked especially that her scar went perfectly with her outfit.

10k's pov.

After I apologized to Kai she pulled me into a hug which I really enjoyed. I love this girl with all my heart and no one can ever replace her.

After she pulled away and Warren went off to a bar a woman came to speak to us. She was talking to Doc but her eyes were on me. I gave her an angry stare and she looked away.

Then a male voice spoke up and turned out it was one of Doc's old friends. I believe his name was Sketchy because Doc mentioned it.

I noticed how he was staring at Kai. I looked at her and she to my surprise was handling the situation so well that Sketchy seemed scared.

I was trying so hard to not laugh at him. He is just making a fool out of himself. I enjoyed him being uncomfortable until I overheard Doc introduce her to Sketchy. After Kai was introduced he relaxed. Oh just you dare to speak to her.

Doc then turned around and came to introduce the rest of us. Once Doc said that Cass is like a child to me and Kai I blushed. Honestly I can't imagine me and Kai having kids. But Cass is like a sister to me not a child. Plus she is almost the same age as me and Kai so how does that make her a child?

I looked at Kai who was having a small talk with Cass. Kai was just so perfect. I wondered how she looked before the world went all Z.

She must've looked as beautiful as she does now. Yeah so what that she had different color hair now? So what that her scar looks scary? So what she didn't know how to express her feelings?

She was still perfect and mostly she was mine. I couldn't wish for more in my life. I slightly smiled at that thought.

3rd person.

Murphy went somewhere without telling anyone because he had gotten bored of doing nothing. Meanwhile Kai and Cassandra were talking about something that girls do. And 10k was just watching Kai.

Doc then called the kids and told them that Sketchy and Skeezy are having a competition and that Kai and 10k could win it. Both shooters agreed and they all went to register.