~18~

Kai's pov.

We had stopped in a town to find some supplies and water because we had ran out. Warren was back in her leader position so I was the old sharp shooter.

We got tired so we were sitting near the truck and as I'm telling you we were as dehydrated as a raisin. Warren was laying on the car hood. Murphy was sitting on the sidewalk looking fine and not dehydrated at all. Doc went to try to pee in a bottle which was disgusting as hell. Cass was somewhere laying near and we could hear her sometimes participate in a conversation so we knew she was still with us. I was laying in the middle of the road exhausted and feeling like I will pass out from the dehydration. 10k was sitting on the road somewhere near me.

"I read once that you could drink your own urine" Doc said ash he came back stumbling. All I heard was muffled voices as I watched the sky. I tried concentrating on the conversation that Doc and Warren had.

"But all I'm pissin is dust." Doc smiled at his own comment but I couldn't hear anyone else laughing. I was too exhausted to even look up to see if anyone smiled.

"Water isn't gonna find you just sitting here" Murphy then joined the conversation with his sarcasm.

"Why are you so freaking shipper?" Warren then asked and that's where I couldn't bring myself to focus on the words as they started to sound more muffled and made less and less sense.

I still kept my eyes open and tried to breathe steadily but it was getting harder and harder. I heard some rumbling but I couldn't bring myself up to look so I just kept laying down.

I closed my eyes as I heard someone say something but I couldn't make out what it was. At this point I already accepted the fact that I will die here from dehydration.

I still had my eyes closed but my breathing was now hollow. I felt someone try to wake me up by calling my name but I didn't respond in any way. So the person stopped trying and just pulled me up.

I kept my eyes closed but leaned onto the person who carried me and tried leaning onto them just to trip over my feet but I got caught by another pair of arms that helped the first person. I tried saying a 'thank you'  but all I managed was a low growl.

I kept wobbling further with a help of two people as we made it into some kind of a building because the sun stopped burning my eyes even though they were closed. I cracked them open and looked around. We were in a building like I guessed except now there was another person with us.

I ignored him and looked to whoever were the ones who carried me and it was Cass and 10k. I was thankful for them so I tapped their shoulders and they both looked at me in confusion. I nodded towards a wall and they brought me to it so I could lean against it and let them rest.

After some time my hearing was back but it was still hard to concentrate. I was now sat down on the floor and trying to stay awake. I kept busy by trying to focus on the conversation that was going on. Until sleep took over me.

I had blacked out for a while because when I woke up I was locked in what seemed to be a drawer. Except this drawer was human size and it smelled like dead people. Panic started to rise in me as I realized we probably were in a morgue.

I now had some strength so I tried kicking  the door out because I was in the drawer with my feet facing the door. Someone must've heard me panic so they tried calming me down.

"Calm down Kai. You are safe. There are Z's outside the drawer door." I recognized the voice. It was Doc's voice. I immediately relaxed and breathed in.

I tried speaking and to my surprise words came out of me much better than before.

"For how long are we in here?" I asked anyone who knew. Doc replied that we've been here for some time and that the Z's had broken in.

So that explains why I woke up trapped in here. But as that realization hit me I noticed that 10k hadn't spoken up.

"Hey where is 10k?" I asked Doc since he was the closest to me. And before I could receive his answer I heard his voice coming from the other side of me.

"I'm here don't worry. I just woke up" He said as I giggled. I was relieved that he is with us still.

"The Z's will have to try harder to take me down" He said as I smiled at that. Suddenly I head something wooden break. I assumed that it was the door because after that there were growls and scratches coming from outside.

A man then screamed. I didn't recognize that voice. I heard Doc then try to calm him down and the guy just kept panicking. He then eventually kicked the door open somehow and the screams stopped because the Z's had gotten him. I personally didn't feel sorry for him but man what an awful way to die.

I tried sleeping again and to my surprise I managed to sleep until bright light interrupted me. I opened my eyes and there were people surrounding me. I sprung up and looked around. Yup we were in a fucking morgue.

I got off the drawer and tried standing up. I got so dizzy that I almost fell but I somehow managed to keep my balance. I looked around and I couldn't see the guy that screamed before.

I was interrupted by Murphy telling everyone that they can come and get some food and water. Water!!

I rushed over to him, snatched the can of water and flicked the lid open. I chugged down on it like crazy. God I was so thirsty.

"Easy girl the rest of us need some too" I heard Warren say and I stopped drinking. She then took the can from me and gave me the 'are-you-gone-crazy' look and I just laughed confirming her look.

Then I got pulled out of my laughing trance as I smelled food. I looked around and found Murphy piling the food. I found some crackers and took one of the packages. I went to sit down by a wall and 10k came to sit next to me.

I heard Cass speak up as she took the other package but I was too busy stuffing the crackers in my mouth to actually make out her words. 10k had stole a handful of crackers and was looking at me weirdly while I ate mine.

"Man you better not give me that look because you better consider yourself lucky cause I do not like to share my food. I might take it all back" I spoke up and everyone just laughed. I watched as 10k pointed his look down to the floor and laugh too.