~71~

Finally school is over and im back to writing more than usually. I'm glad to be back.

Kai's POV.

I am sat in the back of a trailer. I was sitting in the more open space along Addy and 10K. I still tried to avoid him as much as i possibly could.

"Where are we?" Warren asked as she had awoken from  her nap. I didn't bother answering because I had no clue myself.

"About a hundred miles north of Flagstaff I'm thinking." Addy responded to Warren's question since she had been calculating the road the whole time.

"I don't know how much longer this old bucket of bolts is gonna keep running." Doc said in a humorous voice. I just waited for someone to say something about his joke that involved him.

"Talking about yourself or the rig?" Addy asked as a joke as she looked up from whatever she was doing. Doc just scoffed.

"Both."He replied to Addy's joke and he continued to talk.

(Can I just say that recently I noticed that Doc sounds a bit like that one Eminem dude who impersonates him on tiktok?)

"I think we're getting near the Grand Canyon." Doc guessed.

Everyone seemed to have a great time so I didn't want to be a bother. I decided to just take a nap while I can so I laid down on my back on the free space in the front passenger seat, next to Doc and I tried to sleep.

Soon enough Warren came over and asked if I could let her sit there since she needed to talk with Doc. I didn't say anything but just let her have the seat. I went to the entire back of the trailer and somehow got comfy to try to sleep again.

Looked like there won't be no sleep for me. There was some commotion in the trailer but I ignored that for as long as I could. That didn't last long though since Doc had to stop at a place where there were two four wheelers. Warren came up with a plan to go search for a place that was higher off ground and safe for all of us to stay.

There was only space for four people. So since Murphy took one of them my dad took the other saying he doesn't want to let him out of sight. That meant that  Warren was going with him since she seemed to be crazy for him. And since Warren was going Addy had to go with because she has radio skills.

That left me, Doc and 10K on our own. I was mad about that but I couldn't change it anymore since they were already off on their four wheelers.

"Kai you coming?" 10K asked as he looked back at me and I was still standing where I was, looking back at the rest of them. I looked at him and Doc who already were in a small distance and I decided to keep it so I don't have to talk to 10K. I still felt awkward and guilty.

"C'mon Kai you're going to get kidnapped if you don't keep up." Doc said as he waited for me to reach him. As I did so he placed an arm around my shoulders in a fatherly manner and we both walked like that for a while until it got too hot to be touching someone.

"Looks like you might be getting to ten thoused a lot sooner than you thought." Doc said as he glanced back and that made me and 10K to do the same.

There was a huge dust cloud filled with zombies coming closer pretty fast. There seemed no end to the cloud and army of zombies. There possibly couldn't be that many zombies out there right? 

Before any of them could say anything I picked up the pace and started to walk. Not long after I heard two pairs of feet following me so I knew it's them. We started to even jog at one point to not let the big cloud of dust and zombies reach us.

We walked for a while through a forest and soon enough what do you know? A problem faced us. A cliff was in front of us and from where we stood there seemed no possible way around. 

Before any of them could think of something I started to climb the cliff. My arms were pretty strong so it wasn't that hard for me. As soon as I reached a stable spot I looked down to both dudes who still stood there looking at me like I was crazy.

"Doc c'mon I'll help you up." I said as I got on my knees and leaned over the edge and stretched out a hand. He accepted the help and soon enough we were almost at the top.

When we reached our goal we all stood there and admired the look. It was phenomenal. I now understood why this was a pretty popular spot.

Then a twig snapped.

And another.

We looked around and Doc asked if they were zombies. 10K said that he doesn't think so but I was certain that those were no zombies. In this apocalypse the only thing scarier than zombies are humans themselves.

Then Doc collapsed after a rope with weights on each side was thrown at him to capture him. 10K ran up to Doc but I pulled out my sniper and waited for the next attack. I just knew that there are other humans.

Then I heard a thump and 10k had collapsed to the ground. I looked around suspiciously and waited to be attacked since I'm the only one standing now. Doc was out stone cold and 10K had been what seemed electrocuted.

I got distracted and walked too close to one of the bushes. As soon as I realized that I got an electric shock sent through my body and I collapsed too.

------------------Z--------------------

Thank you so much for being patient with me. From now on I will try to post a chapter every week. If a chapter hasn't come out one week don't worry I'm okay, probably some thing came up and I was either too busy to post or I had no access to wifi and/or wattpad.