~66~

I'll skip some alien talk here because I find it not so relevant to my story.

Kai's POV.

We've been driving for a while now and it is dark outside. I have no clue where we are but I know we've been driving for a few days. We have enough supply again to last us a while.

The only thing that keeps us sane is our radio, occasional zombies that me and 10k fight to shoot, some stops to stretch our legs and conversations that make absolutely no shitting sense.

We also managed to get a different car with more space and it was also more comfortable. Though it reminds me more of those golf carts except this one is faster and without a roof.

I currently am annoying Murphy with silly questions. After we rescued him from the basement he's been acting like he's not himself and been trying to get closer with me. Not that I'd mind because after all I'll be forced to be around him for a long while.

"You've been annoying me for so long kid. How about I ask you some questions." Murphy got annoyed at me. I smiled at him and didn't say anything.

"Hmm?" He hummed in annoyance and he turned his head to have a look at me.

I found it fun to annoy him but I wanted to see what he'd ask.

"Go at it good old Smurf Papa." I said in a mocking tone. Everyone laughed at that and Murphy just sighed.

"Yeah actually it'd be good to know more about you. Not saying that we know nothing." Addy added to the conversation.

"Oh god. Fine." I said and allowed them to ask me a few simple questions that some of them knew answers to, and some didn't.

"Oh my dear god. I remember when you pulled your finger in place when we first met you." Warren said as she went down the memory lane. Everyone laughed except my dad. He looked at me worried but I gave him a small smile.

"Well yeah. I did that." I admitted it and dad shook his head slightly. He seemed to be worried if I should trust them with this story.

"How did you do that? I'm still surprised." Doc asked in awe.

"Well. It's all in the partial nerve damage. Got burnt a lot it's all." I explained to them. Dad looked relieved that I seemed to trust them. What he doesn't know that what I said isn't fully true. It was back in the first safe base I was in. I used to get burned and my arms were sprayed with acid as a torture method. They said that it was just a test of strength and mentality.

"Still what you did back then amazed me." Murphy said with a snicker.

For some time everyone got quiet and all you could hear was the car's motor and the radio. Until the radio seemed to start giving out.

A gunshot rang out as 10k shot another living dead.

"Four thousand two hundred and thirty four." He counted out loud.

"And a third." 10k added but Doc gave him a proud look.

"Take the whole kill you deserve it kid." Doc encouraged him and gave a proud dad smile.

"Thirty five." 10k corrected his count and slumped back in his seat.

Once again no conversation filled the air and we all just silently drove.

Then all of a sudden the car died and the music coming out of the radio fainted to crackling and static.

All of us turned our gazes to Warren who desperately kept trying to turn the car back on. It wasn't long until a weird aircraft flew over us. It was lower than any usual aircraft should be so all of us were confused.

After the aircraft passed the motor turned back on and the music came back on to replace the static. We all just sat in the car trying to process everything. It wasn't long until someone spoke up.

"Any idea what that was?" Murphy asked.

"No aircraft should fly that low." I explained though I believe that everyone knew that.

As Warren was about to start driving further again a strange light emitted a couple hundred meters in front of us. It lit up a zombie but then it just fell and the light then disappeared.

"Well that was strange." Addy said.

"So I wasn't the only one high as a kite?" Doc asked. Me and Murphy chuckled but that earned us a scolding look from Dad.

Warren finally started moving forward.

*Time skip*

It was light outside again and we had stopped to have a break but Warren had noticed something.

Warren asked if any of us wanted to go help her investigate. I was ready to hop out but dad stopped me in my tracks and asked to have a talk.

The only ones left by the car was me, dad, Murphy and 10k so I agreed.

"Mi Amor estas bien?" He asked

(My love are you okay?)

"Sí papá. Porque lo preguntas?" I asked him back in confusion.

(Yes dad. Why are you asking?)

"Parece que intentas acercarte a Murphy." Dad answered in a worried tone while sparing a glance at Murphy who was resting in the car while 10k eyed him weirdly.

(You look like you've been getting closer to Murphy.)

"Quiero decir que vamos a estar cerca de él durante mucho tiempo, así que no veo por qué no." I answered camly and he just nodded. For the first time in a while he doesn't seem to judge me and that surprised me.

(I mean we are going to be around him for a lot of time so I don't see why not.)

"Sólo sé cuidadoso." He said and pulled me in a hug. I hugged back and in a whisper voice promised him to be cautious.

(Just be careful.)

After he let go, the rest of the team came back and explained that it was just a crashed plane. Though they said there weren't many parts that would point at what kind of plane it is.

After some bickering about what it could be Warren said that we should go into Roswell for some more supplies and maybe a place to rest.

Some of us didn't like the idea but we all ended up in the car and going towards the town of Area 51.

As we all got into the car a group of Z's seemed to appear.

"10k, Kai, you're up!" Warren said quite loudly and both of us got up from our seats and aimed.

"May the best shot win!" 10k said to me without looking. I just smiled and aimed at the first one. A clean shot between the eyes.

We shot a few closest ones and then just stopped. 10k added the ones he killed to his count while I kept wondering about how he got already to that high of a number. He currently was at four thousand two hundred and thirty seven.

"Three o'clock!" Dad yelled as Warren rose the speed a little. Both me and 10k aimed. I managed to shoot most of them.

"Kid's on a roll!" Doc said and Addy just gave us a thumbs up.

"Kai should count too. See who gets to ten thousand first." Murphy suggested.

"That wouldn't be so fair. 10k's already at almost five thousand." Addy said and then everyone realized that 10k is already almost reached the midway of his goal.

After the silence laid over us a building appeared into our view. The building seemed to be a shop of sorts. But I guessed that the only thing they sold was alien themed.

"Okay, talk about I want to believe." Murphy said as Warren slowed down and we all got ready to get out of the car.

Kai / 10k fanfic / Znationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें