~62~

Kai's POV.

We had been walking for some time. We now were going through a small forest until we walked out into a small clearance. Both scumbags couldn't shut up.

Their talking came to a halt when we ran into a few guys. I think they were hunters pre-Z.

"You boys lost?" One of them asked. I assumed that he was the leader.

"Certainly not. Matter of fact." Sketchy said but got easily interrupted.

"Oh, no? Cuz either you lost, or trespassing." Their leader argued back.

"Which one is it?" Skeezy squeezed in.

"I was not aware that they had changed the property lines since the last time we came through." Their leader shot right back. I rolled my eyes as all of the guys eyed me with suspicion.

"What's up with him? Why does he wear an eyepatch? Some role-player huh?" One of the leaders teammates asked nodding towards me.

He immediately caught my attention.

I looked at him without moving my face and slowly smiled. He visibly gulped.

"That's uhh..." Sketchy was a bit hesitant. Did he really not know what my name is?

"Sam." I quickly made up a name. These days it was risky to use your real name around people you don't know.

"Wasn't it..." Skeezy started his sentence but without hesitating and turning my body I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at him. All in a blink of an eye.

"Alright. What's with the eyepatch then?" The leader asked and rose an eyebrow at me.

I adverted my eyesight at him without moving my head and lowered the gun I had aimed at Skeezy. I sheathed the pistol back into its place on my hip and pushed out the overgrowing hair out of my face for a better view for the guys.

Now even Sketchy and Skeezy were invested so they stood a bit closer to the other guys but far enough to run.

I moved up the bandana that 10k had given me and then fully pushed up my eyepatch. I smiled at their shocked faces once they saw what I hid. The first guy who dared to ask first got visibly scared.

Sketchy just 'oooh'ed and Skeezy winced. I stretched out my arms and bowed in the old manner I used to.

Once I straightened my back and looked at them they all were scared. I laughed and took off my eyepatch.

I tucked it in the back pocket of my pants that I stole from a nearby Z a few miles ago. I lowered my bandana and allowed the hair to fall back in my face.

"The hell is his problem?" The leader asked a bit terrified.

"He's uhh...A diagnosed psychopath." Sketchy quickly lied. I figured out his scheme quickly and just played along.

They chatted while I stood a bit off and occasionally looked at one of the guys who were staring disrespectfully.

Apparently I didn't pay too much attention to them because now one of them were bitten and held down by the others.

I chuckled and let them do their thing.

It had been some short time and I figured if I wanted to scram this could be my opportunity. But before I gathered my stuff I looked at what the boys were doing.

Those dumbasses had all the strangers lined up and they told them to stay that way until they turn. I let out a laugh and everyone looked at me like I am running around naked.

I shrugged my shoulders while chuckling and Sketchy and Skeezy quickly grabbed their stuff and all three of us left.

Before we could get out of the forest the guys realized that they had been tricked and they were after us.

10k's POV.

We were all on the shore for some good time and we were waiting for Kai to swim up to us. She still hadn't shown up and the whole team got a lot more worried with each passing minute.

"I'm going to go look for them." I said as everyone else seemed to settle down but they were still on the edge.

"C'mon kid don't go running around on impulse. She's the one to be feared." Warren tried to calm me down. She had a point.

Kai wasn't an easy kill. Though people she meets better be careful. She is a time bomb that can explode any time.

"Fine. I'll stay." I replied and everyone gathered their things to get ready for another long walk.

Vasquez's POV.

My daughter was missing. I felt like running after her. My heart was breaking because I already left her once. I couldn't allow it to happen again.

I already missed so much time with my precious child.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and gathered my things.

For the next hours to come all I could do is hope that she is alive and well.

Addy's POV.

Kai isn't back yet. I felt lost without her. I know we don't have a lot in common and we don't have a great friendship.

She is a little sister that I never had. I felt so crushed when the sad realization set in that she is not coming with us until we find her.

I prepared myself mentally just in case she doesn't return.

Doc's POV.

Man I miss the kid already. She's one hell of a shell to crack. I'll be really disappointed if the kid doesn't make it. I had a feeling that she already met both Skeezy and Sketchy. She is definitely going to keep both of the scumbags in order.

Murphy's POV.

That spawn of Satan is gone. I felt really bad. I said and did things I didn't mean. I really hope the kid is totally okay.

The kid is a bomb and unstable so I am most certain that she will survive. There is no one with the skill level as good as hers.

Warren's POV.

Kai was somewhere out there. All I could do was wish her safety and luck. I am most certain that we will meet that tough kid again soon.

I know that this chapter is short but I have been pretty busy. I will keep updating as much as I possibly can :')

-Kat:)