~26~

I woke up to already 300 reads. I love yall so much <33

3rd person.

(Story might be changed a little. However I do follow a script so not everything is made up)

The team was driving somewhere. Where? No one was sure to answer. Since the road didn't have many turns or other streets that connected to it so they kept driving down the main road until the car gave up.

Everyone was quite uneasy since Cassandra had punctured herself on a barbed wire. Kai didn't look stressed but since Cass was like a sister to her deeply she was worried sick.

Since Doc had to use his supplies on Kai there wasn't much left for him to use. Cassandras leg was already badly infected and she couldn't move on her own very much. She used 10K and Kai to help her walk.

[Cassandra] "You know. I won't make it far." She said as she looked at Kai who now helped her to get out of the car.

[Kai] "Don't say that"

There was a moment of silence as Kai had helped Cass out of the car but refused to let her touch the ground. She promised herself that she will carry her if she needed.

Addy hadn't been the same as she used to be too. She had more of her flashbacks more often. She didn't know what caused them because they usually happened at the most random times. She had tried to apologize to Kai so many times already but Kai had just pushed her away. Whatever was between them was now gone.

Mack was always there for Addy but he also had managed to become friends with Kai. Before he and Addy left but now he became close with her. He had no idea what had happened since no one wanted to talk about it ad he didn't want to ask Kai or 10k about it.

10k was trying to bond with Kai again but he noticed that while he's around her, she tenses up and even sometimes holds her breath. He knew that he had triggered something from her past. He felt really bad about that but he was happy that she still talked with him.

Warren seemed to be her usual self and still lead the whole team. Doc was still cracking jokes whenever he could and Murphy? Let's just say that he was still a whining bitch like he is.

None of the last 3 tried to do something about Kai because they weren't even sure about what to do and they also knew that she will eventually come back around.

Kai's pov.

I still had Cass in my arms. She was getting paler and paler every time I looked at her. She lightly tugged on the back of my jacket. I looked down at her and she was mouthing that she would like to try standing on her own.

I nodded and slowly let her feet touch the ground. She grunted in pain every now and then. I winced every time she gritted het teeth. I had let her feet halfway down already and I stopped. She looked at me confused.

"I can't keep torturing you. I'll quickly will let your feet down. At least then the worst pain will be only for a moment." I said as fear settled in her eyes.

"No no no no no. Please!" She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I promise I'll be careful." I said as I tried calming her down which seemed to work. I noticed that everyone was now looking at us. I just ignored the stares and kept going.

I counted to three and quickly let her feet down letting her feet finally touch her feet. She screamed in pain and more tears rolled down her cheeks.

I stood her up and hugged her. She hugged me back and gripped tightly. She was still screaming of the pain. I gently rubbed her back and kept saying 'everything will be alright'. I felt sad that she was hurting because of me.

As she let go of me she got sick and she bent over and puked. I instantly grabbed her hair that was in her face and held it up for her. Once she was done I pulled her up and checked up on her. I helped her back to the car as Warren told us that she had fixed the car and we can get back on the road.

Once I made sure that Cass was safely sat in the car I made my way to the back of the truck and got in. 10k had offered me a hand but I was afraid to accept it. I just muttered a quick 'no thanks' and struggled a bit to get in.

I wanted to accept 10k's help but I was afraid that he will push me away again. I was now afraid to be near any of the guys because of my past. I knew that they wouldn't want to hurt me but I just couldn't help it.

Once 10k had hit the side of the car a few times signalizing that everyone was ready Warren started driving. Murphy was sitting in the passenger seat next to her. Addy, Mack and Cass were in the backseat and me, Doc and 10k were in the bedding of the truck.

*time skip*

We had been driving for a while now and the sun was setting. Me and 10k were standing in the back and looking over the car's roof to see the sunset.

I almost fell as Warren stopped a bit too fast. I hadn't noticed that there had been a boy walking on the side of the road. Warren I do hope we won't take him aboard.