~12~

Kai's pov.

Me, 10k and Cass went to look for anything that we could use. The storm was coming closer and closer so I was starting to get worried.

The wind was so strong that if I decided to jump I would be blown a couple meter's back. We still were wandering around. The wind just got stronger and stronger.

I suggested that we find shelter but while doing that we still keep looking. They goth agreed and we picked up the speed.

After some time we were resting a bit. I was sitting facing 10k and Cass. We all just had some small talk about life pre-z and our dreams.

It was all nice until Cass jumped up and pointed at something behind me. I immediately jumped up and took out one of my throwing knives out of the holster on my thigh. Turns out that the thing she was pointing at was a tornado coming straight towards us.

A lot of thoughts started to run trough my head. I knew we had to hide somewhere right now. I noticed a car and ran towards it. Cass and 10k stood like frozen. I turned my head towards them and whistled. 10k turned his head and nodded. He then tugged on Cassandras shirt and told her to get in the car.

All three of us got in the car and put on the seat belts. I was kind of afraid but I didn't let it show.

The wind kept getting stronger and stronger until the whole car started to flip over. Once it rolled onto it's roof I blacked out. I must've slammed my head against something.

3rd person.

The wind had died down and the tornado had passed. Kai was still in the car passed out. Cass crawled out after 10k made sure she is okay.

10k noticed that Kai had started to breathe hollowly and fear took over. He got back in the car and laid on the floor that used to be the roof of the car. There was glass all over the place but it didn't bother him. He tried unbuckling Kai's belt but it was stuck.

Since he couldn't reach his knife he took one of Kai's and cut the belt. Once the belt was cut she fell onto him heavily. 10k just slid out of the car and picked up the unconscious girl. She was still breathing luckily.

[Cassandra] "We have to get her to Doc. He will know what to do."

10k just nodded and they started to walk back to Warren's old house.

*Time skip*

As 10k reached the front yard of the house the sight wasn't one of the best. The house had been destroyed and all that was left was now ruins.

The rest of the team was already outside all safe. They looked towards the trio. Their faces dropped at the sight of 10k carrying Kai.

10k looked up at them and he wanted to slap each one of them for thinking that the person he liked the most of all of them is dead. He called Doc to come check up on her and he started to explain everything that had happened. He still had the girl in his arms as he refused to let her go.

Everyone sighed in relief as Kai started to open her eyes.

Kai's pov.

I opened my eyes to be blinded by the bright sun.

"Jesus cover the sun" I mumbled as I heard distant giggles. I tried getting up but I got pulled back and held down by someone.

Once my eyes got used to the light I looked up to discover that the person who was holding me was 10k. He looked down at me and I smiled at him. He weakly smiled and looked away as I slid up higher to rest against him.

We were still at Warren's house. Except now it looked like a battlefield from world war 2. I felt sorry for her. I bet it was sad letting all those memories go.

I felt someone stare at me. I looked around and it was Garnett.

"You gonna be okay? We thought you had died." He said with a weak smile and I giggled.

"You aint gonna get rid of me that easily." I replied and he just nodded. I knew that these people care for me and that I had scared them to hell.

I closed my eyes for a second just to be scared by a loud noise. I opened my eyes and turns out that it was a motherfucking firetruck. Garnett had pulled the horn. Oh Imma kill him once we stop. I glanced at him and he mouthed 'sorry'.

Once we were back on the road I got out of 10k's clasp and decided to shoot some Z's. I looked trough the scope of my sniper and honestly it made me feel better to be back and that I could shoot some Z's.

I was listening to some stories of Addy and Mack about how they met. Don't get me wrong but this apocalypse turns out to be a one hell of a matchmaker.

It brought Addy and Mack together. It brought me and 10k together. And now I'm sure that Warren and Garnett have something between them.