~33~

Kai's pov.

As I bowed Doc chuckled. Once I straighened back up I smiled and went to take my stuff.

Once I reached the car everyone gave me weird looks. This actually crept me out.

"What? Do i have something on my face?" I asked while trying to clean my face.

Cass giggled at that. I stopped and looked at her. She immediately stopped laughing and looked away. So I won't be getting an answer from her huh?

I looked at Warren with a little confused look on my face. She just shrugged her shoulders and looked away too.

I looked down and there was nothing wrong. Was it my outfit? If so why did no one tell me anything?

I turned around with a questioning look towards Doc and 10k. Doc seemed confused too. 10K on the other hand had his thinking face on and his jaw slightly tensed. He was eyeing me up and down again.

"Why the hell yall are staring at me?" I said confused. Cas looked back at me and simply answered.

"You look like a fuckboy." She said and looked away again. Ohh the old slang. I tried not laughing but I failed. It earned me a few looks but I ignored them as per usual.

"You know. You scare me Kai. You're going insane." Warren said. That made me stop laughing. I just turned my head to look at her but she walked to the driver seat of the truck.

As everyone got in the car I still stood there. Her words....Somehow they were like sharp daggers thrown to my back. I haven't felt this hurt since dad left.

I was about to cry when 10k asked me if I'm coming. I didn't answer him but got to the back of the truck. Before getting in I put my sniper on its spot on my back and grabbed my bag.

With one swift jump I was in the bedding. I slumped down with a loud thud. I was about to cry. I pulled my knees up to my chest and layed my forehead against them.

Why did it hurt so much? She wasn't even a part of my family. Wasn't she? Or was I stupid enough to believe that they would care about me?

A while later I was pulled out of my thoughts because Warren was stopping the truck. I didn't even bother looking up.

I heard a muffled conversation between Warren and Doc. 10k got out of the truck to stretch his legs and so did Cass.

I still refused to even get up. I was still thinking about what Warren said. I mean I knew I wasn't quite right in the head since the apocalypse started but who is? Three years into this hell and you expect me to be sane? That didn't bother me though. What bothered me is that it scared Warren.

it was pretty hard to scare her so if I did that then I must really be insane.

I heard someone coming up to the car. I still refused to move.

"C'mon kid. You gotta eat and I have to check that wound." Doc said. I looked up at him. He seemed to be a bit uncomfortable but once he saw my face expression he seemed to relax.

"I'm not hungry." I replied and looked back down. After a few minutes he still stood there refusing to move.

"Fine you can check the bandages but I'm not eating." I said as I straighetend up and pulled my shirt up. He jumped in the bedding with me and started doing his check up.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the car. I heard some feet rustling and I tilted my head to look at whoever was coming. It was Warren with Cass and 10k on each of her sides.

She didn't even spare me a look which hurt again. Cass did the same as Warren. Their both attention was to Doc. Only 10k was looking at me.

He smiled at me and I managed to slightly tilt up the corners of my lips. He then took a closer look to my wound which was now clean again and Doc spoke up.

"The good news are that you won't have to walk around with a bandaged stomach." He said to me without any emotion. I looked at him confused.

"There are bad news too?" I asked with worry. He tried speaking but stuttered.

"If you feel sharp pain in your side then try to rest. We don't want any stitches coming open." I sighed and nodded. He just scared the shit out of me with one simple sentence.

Warren then wanted to talk with me. I nodded and let my shirt fall back down to cover up my stomach.

"Listen I'm sorry if my words hurt you but what I said was true." I nodded without saying a word. I was trying to restrain my tears.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys. Whatever I'm going through right now isn't easy and I promise I had no intentions to scaring you." I apologized as I looked away. A tear escaped my eye and it rolled down. I wiped it away as Warren sopke.

"I'm sorry too. I should've just talked with you. I know you have a mission on your own and I promise you that I'll help however I can." She smiled at me and I returned her a smile.

She then spread her hands out and I hugged her. It was a pretty uncomfortable hug because I was sitting sideways and a car was between us making it even more harder to hug. We eventually let go off each other because Doc was becoming unbearable.

"Do we have to get that Smurphy's whining ass again?" I asked with a sigh. Warren shot me a glare and I raised my arms up to show that I will shut up. I didn't want to ruin everything in a matter of seconds.

"Alright let's go get him then." I sighed and stood up. I took out my guns and decided to clean them while we drove.