~43~

Kai's POV.

"Algo no está bien."("something's not right.") I said to my dad. He looked around but saw no one.

"Are you sure amor?" He asked me back. I simply nodded and pulled out my hand gun from it's holster on my hip. My sniper was in it's place on my back and I inhaled a deep breath. This could go two ways. We could be fine or we could die on the spot.

I looked at my dad for comfort and his yaw clenched. I gave him a small nod and he returned it. He went deeper in the warehouse with me following right behind him.

I saw something flash again in my peripheral vision. I ignored it and kept walking.

3rd person(back with the team)

[Doc] "It's a damn Murphy free for all!"

Doc yelled as everyone kept shooting at everything that moved. 10k had ran off a bit and a man in a black suit appeared a few hundred feet away from him with a rocket launcher. The man had seen him so he shot grenade at him.

It exploded sending 10k flying back. Doc noticed that and ran to help him before a Z could get to him. Doc helper the boy up and they both hurried back to the team. Once they did 10k was able to walk himself but he couldn't hear anything. It must be because of the explosion.

Kai's POV.

An explosion went off somewhere. My gut feeling came back much stronger that usually. I gulped down a lump forming in my throat and looked around. We still were in the warehouse. My dad had his back turned to me so I took my chance and ran off. Sorry dad I know you'll be mad but you know where I'll be.

As I crept closer to where the explosion happened I saw a man walk away with a rocket launcher. He was one from the Zero's. I wanted to run after him but decided against it. Instead I jogged around cautiously and tried to find the team. I heard some yelling so I approached the street where it happened.

Once I reached the street there was chaos but luckily I saw the team hiding behind a car. I took my sniper and shot a few people along some Z's as I made my way to them. A few bullets flew past me but they weren't close enough to have any damage to me.

I still kept walking towards the team. Warren noticed that there were now becoming less and less people to fight off so she looked my way to see who was helping them. She smiled and motioned to me so the rest of the team could look too.

I was too focused on shooting that I didn't even say 'hi' or anything as I took cover with them. I kept shooting as Warren gave us commands. Addy and Mack had to go one way, Doc and 10k the other. Meanwhile me and Warren will cover all of them.

She counted from three to one and everyone left the cover. I shot a few bullets until one bullet decided to make a cut right next to my scars on my face. I cursed audibly and slumped against the car we took cover from and clutched my cheek. I wiped off the blood that was running down my cheek. That'll leave a scar god dang it.

I got up and shot the way the bullet from before came in. Each person I shot fell to their knees with a hole between their eyes. I'm tired of this stupid apocalypse. Warren then grabbed my wrist and pulled my by it to a gas station where me and my dad had been.

I saw him run around looking for me. Warren put up her gun to shoot but I whisper-yelled at her.

"What do you think you're doing? That's my fucking dad!" As I said so she looked at me with a confused face and I shook my head a 'no'. She gave a quick nod and we went after him.

Once we caught up I spoke up.

"I'm sorry dad. I had to leave." I said to him and hugged him from behind. He jumped a bit but relaxed once he heard my voice. He spun around and pulled me into an actual hug.

"You scared me amor don't ever and I mean it EVER do that again." He said as he held me tighter.

"Ahem..." Warren cleared her throat and we both looked at her.

"Quién es éste?"("Who's this?) He asked me. I chuckled.

"My name's Warren." She said with a chuckle. My dad looked at her with a shocked expression. He hadn't met a lot of people who understood Spanish apart from native speakers.

"Don't worry sir I don't understand Spanish. Although your daughter has taught me some simple sentences." She said and flashed us her smile. My dad looked at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Im Xavier Vasquez." He said and Warren held out a hand for him to shake.

"I assume that Diego here hasn't told her fu-" As he spoke he got cut off by me pulling the good old trick. I bowed down and repeated my favorite sentence.

"Kailey Diego Vasquez at your service!" Warren just chuckled and my dad shot me a confused look. 

"It's an inside joke papa I'll tell you later." I said to him and he smiled.

"Well we should go find Murphy then." Warren suggested. My dad and I both nodded and followed after her. Before we could go past the gas station a man shot one of the pumps making it explode. We were close enough to get thrown down to the ground.

Warren and dad both fell and rolled a bit. But I on the other hand took the fall heavier. I felt sharp pain explode in my lower abdomen. I rolled onto my back and looked down. There wasn't any blood thank god but it still hurt a lot.

"Amor!" My dad screamed I turned my head to look at him. He was already up to his feet and he hurried to help me up.

"I'm fine don't worry. No blood just hit something that's all." I leaned against him and breathed in. He constantly kept looking around and then back at me. I smiled at his worry and he then helped me walk somewhere where Warren wanted us to walk.

We were now by what I suppose was a motel. Warren saw a few Z's walking around here so Murphy should be here. I was now able to walk by myself so I pulled away a bit from dad and he gave me a look. He was worried but I just side hugged him and he let me go.

"C'mon let's go inside." Warren hurried us after she noticed that we had stopped.