Hanma // You got me

"Shuji, Wait!" you pant as you try to match his pace.

"You're weak. Move faster! The fireworks will begin any moment now."

"I'm not as strong as you." You whined as you tried your best to keep up with him. "Why is it hard to climb this mountain."

"This is a hill, not a mountain. You whine a lot!" He walked towards you and crouched down with his back facing you. "here. I'll carry your ass."

"You're mean but you still can't stand to leave me alone."

"If I leave you here, you'll probably roll down and cry like a baby."

You clicked your tongue. "Sharp tongue as always, Shuji. That's why our other classmates misinterpret you." You hopped on his back, hugging his neck.

"You're strangling me, y/n," He then held your arm and guided you to the right position. After that, he held your legs and carried you. "I don't care what they say about me. Their opinions don't matter."

"Yeah, yeah the unbothered Shuji Hanma."

As he carries you, you observe him. His shoulders are small and his body is so thin. but he can carry you without any sweat. "You're strong, Shuji." You then rest your head on his shoulders.

"Oi! don't sleep and drool on my back!" Hanma said in an annoyed tone but in reality, he's flustered.

"I won't," You whispered in a sleepy tone.

Hanma clicked his tongue and then smiled. The young lad has been in love with you since you were both five and now you're ten. There's something about you that he can't just ignore so he just decided to stay by your side.

"y/n we're here." He said but you didn't answer. "Ah, you really slept." He whispered and looked at your face that was resting on his shoulders. His features became gentle, "You're pretty y/n."

He then looked up. Watching the fireworks. "You will probably kill me later for not waking you up but I'll take this opportunity." He paused as he remained looking up while carrying you on his back.

"I like you, y/n. I didn't stay by your side because I had no choice. I stayed because I wanted to." He said in his gentle tone.

Your heart began to skip a beat upon hearing his confession. You don't admit it just yet but you like him too. "I promise you this... When we grow up and I become strong, I will protect you with my life.."

He chuckled. "What am I saying? We're just ten. Saying that promise... so uncool."

You're always look cool for me, Shuji.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

"I'm sorry that I have to go." You sob as you look down.

"It's your dad's work we can't help it. besides, It's just for a couple of years. it's not the end of the world."

"But I don't want to leave Shuji behind." You said and cried louder.

"Don't cry, idiot!" He said and patted your head while looking away. You keep on crying while brushing your eyes.

"If you continue to cry like that your eyes will swell and you will look like a pufferfish."

"Mean, mean! always mean!" You said, still brushing your eyes. "You're not even sad that I'm leaving!" You mumbled. he then suddenly grabbed you for a hug.

"When we meet again in high school, I have something to tell you."

"Why not now?"

"I want to tell this when we got older."