Part 8

Minseo stood in the half-cleaned dance studio and watched you in the doorway after you stood up with a strange expression on her face and you thought you would just avoid that conversation on your first day back, so you smiled briefly and attempted to back out of the room.

"First Assistant (L/N)nim," you heard and instead of being allowed to escape, you glanced up to see Minseo trying to catch your attention. Beside you, Minjae tensed, and you both waited to see what would happen.

But Minseo just walked towards you.

"Could we perhaps speak outside for a moment First Assistant (L/N)nim? In private?"

Minseo glanced at Minjae who in turn looked to you.

You shook your head slightly and Minjae backed away to let you talk in peace. You realized you were doing some kind of I can totally take her if she tries anything thought process and mentally shook yourself. The aftereffects of Friday were going to take a long time to wear off.

You backed out of the room and into the relative privacy of the crowded hallway, Minjae backing off to the other side of the doorway, close enough if you needed but not so close, he could overhear you.

However, Minseo threw everything into confusion when she grabbed your hand and bowed low to it, holding your hand nearly against her forehead.

This was not a bow Jimin had covered in his hurried "Politeness and Formality in Korea" class he'd given you in Chicago all those months ago. Panicked you looked to Minjae whose own eyes were now super wide. You were catching the attention of people in the hallway and tried to figure out what was happening. Finally, Minseo stood up again, and let go of your hand.

"First Assistant (L/N)nim. I want to apologize a thousand times for anything that I might have done that was part of Hak Subins scheme to hurt you or Min Yoonginim. I was acting at the advice of my own cousin, Park Eunjin, who had informed me that you had done herself, Hak Subin and the company a great disservice. I can see now that I was lied to," she said and for the first time her eyes glanced down, and her shoulders seemed to hunch in. But she straightened herself and looked back at you after a moment.

"I have heard what happened to yourself and Min Yoonginim on Friday, First Assistant (L/N)nim and I am horrified that by helping what I thought were my family and friends that I might have hurt someone else. All I can do is beg your forgiveness and I humbly do so now," she said and bowed again.

Yea this situation had totally not been covered in any of your preparation for "Let's go to Seoul!" You were a little freaked out, but honestly, a little sad for her. No one likes to be lied to.

You had to hope she was being honest; you'd be a seriously shitty person if you didn't accept her apology. And then you realized a problem. You had no idea what her whole name was. Yeeun had just told you it was Minseo. You decided that maybe just this once you could fall back into being American.

You looked back at her and made sure your eyes held hers before you began speaking.

"I think that it is a terrible thing to be lied to by people you thought you could trust. I would like to accept your apology and in return ask that we put this adventure behind us and start anew. Especially if you are going to be helping Bangtan Sonyeondan on our tour. Would that be acceptable," you asked, and she nodded.

Smiling you held out your hand.

"In that case let us start anew. My name is (L/N) (Y/N) and I am the Bangtan Sonyeondan Maenijyeo," you said and bowed.

You must have startled her a bit because she smiled as well before cautiously accepting your handshake with both hands.

"I am Park Minseo, the Bangtan Sonyeondan Wardrobe Coordinator for the upcoming world tour," she whispered and started to smile when yours grew bigger.