Part 17

When you parked the car, you waited for Yoongi to come over and grab your door before getting out. You figured you needed to be on your absolute best company manners and having Yoongi make a good impression never hurt either.

You climbed down from the car and turned to see people already coming out of one of the houses. You could see some sheds behind the big house in front of you and assumed the farm was behind that. You had seen orchards or vineyards you weren't sure which, as you had driven through the valley and had wondered how to get your aunt and uncle to Korea again to visit with their friends.

Or Yoongi's aunt and uncle out to visit your aunt and uncle's place.

You came back to attention when an older woman stopped in front of you both and gave a low bow.

She greeted you both and only months of listening to a relaxed Yoongi talk, where his accent came out the most, allowed you to catch the dialect.

"Greetings to our most honored nephew and his guest," she had said quietly, and you and Yoongi had both bowed in return.

"Greetings to my father's brother's wife, Yunghui," said Yoongi as you rose back up again. There was a moment's pause and then Yoongi stepped forward and engulfed his aunt in a hug.

When he stepped back, she wrapped her arm around his waist, and you smiled to see someone giving him the same treatment you often did.

"Imo, this is my wife to be, Bob and Pat's niece (L/N) (Y/N)," he said, and you bowed once more.

"It is my pleasure to be introduced to you madam," you murmured and stood back up again. She gave you a slight head nod and looked to Yoongi. Who just grinned at her.

"My choice Imo, not my mother's," he said quietly and now she turned back to you and bowed low indeed.

She held out her hands in greeting and you smiled as you took them in yours. She twisted your hands to see Yoongi's ring and smiled once more. Leaving one of her hands in yours she took her other and took Yoongi's hand and began to tug you both towards the big house.

"Come come, your uncle was out trying to figure out the last rotation in the far field, but he should be back any moment now," she said.

You laughed a little and leaned over. "I believe madam, that my own Aunt Pat has said much the same thing about my Uncle Bob, especially after he bought the new combine," you finished, and she looked at you and smiled a bit.

"I have heard much of this new toy of Bob's. I am excited to be able to share this time with you and talk of my good friends and how their family and lives are going in America," she said and squeezed your hand a bit.

You looked over her head to see Yoongi smiling a bit at the interchange between you and his aunt and you grinned back at him.

You were escorted through the main house, past where Yeeun had explained you were probably going to sit in the formal living room with the couches and brought directly back to the summer kitchen on the back of the house.