Part 99

The last concert in LA was a great sendoff, and the fireworks display at the stadium was amazing. You were astounded by what Woojin had pulled off and could not stop dropping congratulations onto him and whichever of his crew you passed by in the hallways on the way back to the green room after the show.

"Noona, lets Goooooo," said JK as soon as you walked in the doorway, and you were baffled that everyone was already in street clothes.

"Go, where," you said but the magnae just took your hands and tugged you from the room. You turned to watch Yoongi who smiled and nodded before you shrugged and looked to Tadakasan in front of you.

"Kookie, I'm not getting a tattoo with y'all tonight am I," you asked which made Jimin laugh so hard he stopped in the middle of the hallway to bend over. Tae nudged you from behind to get moving again and laughed as well.

"No Noona, it's not that. It's a surprise from all of us," he said, and your eyebrows lifted, but you kept moving.

Minho leaned towards you as he held open the door to the van.

"Only good things Maenijyeo," he said solemnly, and your eyebrows went a little higher, but you climbed in.

Yoongi took his normal spot next to you and refused to tell you what was going on.

"Is there a party we're going to that I missed the invitation for," you asked, and he shook his head. You looked down at your jeans and hoodie combo and laughed.

"Well, that's good, because I'm not really dressed for anything."

Joon turned around and smiled.

"No worries Noona, neither are we,"

The van drove for ages it seemed, and you lost track of where you were once you left the freeway, but the guys seemed to know where they were going. The van parked and you stepped out and looked around in surprise.

"The beach," you asked and the magnae took your hands and tugged you down the steps into the sand.

The sand was different from the east coast beaches you'd vacationed at, it was sand you could walk on with your shoes on easily. You followed the guys down to a spot on the beach where some very industrious people had already made a little area, staked out with chairs and coolers and lights.

You saw that most of the crew from the tour was already here, eating and drinking and you smiled in shock.

"Who set this up," you asked and Jimin laughed.

"Well actually Noona, you did. It just didn't look like this when you mentioned you'd wanted to do it originally," he said, and you frowned a moment in thought before Minseo came up behind you.

"We thought this was a much better location for a crew party Eonni," she said, and you nodded a little.

"You can't beat the ocean," you said, and she smiled and headed off to her own group again.

You felt arms encircle your waist from behind and leaned back against Yoongi.

"This is nice," you said and felt his grin against your cheek.

"Ah Babygirl, it gets better," he whispered and placed a kiss against your cheek before he tugged your hand and you followed him off to a little area set apart from the main gathering.

You heard a lovely pop noise and turned to see Jin had opened a bottle of champagne, before Yoongi helped you sit down. He filled glasses until the bottle emptied and you noticed there were several more in a chest nearby.

As he handed you a glass you took a moment to wrap him into a hug.

"Happy day Jiminie," you whispered, and he squeezed back.

"It is a happy day Noona," he said, and he went back to sit down next to Tae and enjoy his own glass.

You watched JK dig in the coolers until he brought out a tiny cake and Jin produced a candle. Yoongi had a lighter from someplace and it took a bit in the ocean breeze, but eventually the candle caught.

You sang happy birthday to Jimin and laughed when Tae had to block the wind entirely with his body in order for Jimin to be able to blow out his own candle.

Cake was cut and passed around and then JK dug into the coolers again and unpacked chips and sandwiches and a host of other things.

"Where did you guys find all this," you exclaimed and Kookie giggled.

"Noona," he chided. "You didn't really think we spent all day running around getting drunk and thinking about new tattoos, did you," and you had to take a second to school your face.

"Of course, I didn't," you said and made Yoongi break into giggles behind you.

"Oh, that was very believable," he whispered in your ear, and you nudged him back with your elbow.

Kookie and Tae pouted a bit until you heaped praise on them after tasting the cake and the sandwiches.

Everyone ate and another bottle of champagne was opened. You watched the crew and dance team chatting in the distance around their own blankets and pondered that no one seemed to be leaving yet, even though it was getting darker, and chillier.

"Here Babygirl," said Yoongi and he dug out the blanket from Chicago and wrapped you both in it as he nudged you in between his legs. His arms wrapped around you, and you snuggled back into his warmth. It was a beautiful setting, and you were surrounded by family and friends.

And that was when Kookie giggled.

"It's time Noona," he said, and you turned to look at him when you heard a different kind of pop.

That was a sound you recognized, and you immediately glanced up in time to see the first of the fireworks. Your grin was huge on your face as you watched and enjoyed the sparkles and sizzles.

"How much did we pay for a permit to shoot off fireworks on a beach in California, even if the fire signs were low," you whispered to Yoongi and felt him laugh behind you.

"Focus on the pretty for right now Anae, and let us worry about that part for once," he whispered back before he placed a kiss against your cheek.

You sighed and scooted back until his chin was able to rest on your shoulder and you watched the fireworks together as the sparkles drifted down over the ocean.