Part 84

You froze for a millisecond and then reached for the make up brushes. The makeup palette was still wrapped in plastic, and you took advantage of the noise the plastic made to cover your voice.

"Baby Bun," you said as quietly as you could, and you heard the shout and the sob in your ear as he heard your voice.

"Hold on Noona, I need to get the others," he said, and you heard him start yelling. Never in your life had you been so supremely glad for Jungkook's nervous babble in your ear, telling you everything that was happening.

You struggled to balance the palette in your left hand, but your shoulder ached so bad even the slight weight of the makeup palette was too much for it. You ended up putting it down and trying to use the brushes. Kookie was still in your ear, and you wanted to take as long with this as you could, but Kang Sanghoon was now watching you again from where he stood at the table.

"What's wrong Maenijyeo, don't you like what I've chosen for you," he asked, and you sighed with relief at the knowledge you still had the polite version of this man.

"No Chairman Kang. This is a wonderful makeup palette choice for our meeting. It is so generous of you to think of me this way. I sigh only because I am nervous about our meeting," you said, and he laughed a little.

"Do not be nervous Maenijyeo. Our friends will be delighted to hear your new plan on how you're going to return the money you owe them," he said, and you froze.

You had thought this "meeting" was going to be some kind of hostage meeting with Minho or BangPD and Yoongi. But the way he was speaking made it sound like it was an actual meeting.

In your ear, JK was quiet as he listened carefully to what the mic was able to pick up.

"I am happy to meet with our friends. I am sure that they will love our plan for how to return to them the money that I owe them," you repeated to Kang Sanghoon for JK's benefit. You heard him relay that to someone else.

"Hold on Noona, they're running as fast as they can," and indeed you heard echoes of footsteps as his mic picked up new arrivals.

"Babygirl," came Yoongi's voice and this time you had to bite down on a sob.

"Nampyeon," you whispered, and you bent over the palette again trying to look like you were applying the makeup.

You heard Yoongi's reaction of his own bitten back sob before you heard Minho's voice.

"(Y/N)ie, we're not sure what building you're in," and you whispered as quietly as you could sub-vocalize about the factory and the light in the small windows, high above the factory floor.

At one point Kang Sanghoon wandered closer and you changed your whispers a bit to a more singsong, Seesaw style melody.

"Whoever are you talking to Maenijyeo," and you realized the angry Kang Sanghoon was standing over you now. Thankfully Minho heard as well, and radio silence came into your ear.