Part 14

On Sunday, you awoke at your normal time to head into the office, realized it was Sunday and were again happy to just indulge in the warmth of being exactly where you were. Tucked up tight against Yoongi, his arm seemingly the only thing keeping you from falling off the bed, and wrapped around your waist, snug under the covers from the air con, it reminded you of lazy mornings in the Chicago penthouse.

This was the feeling you were always trying to recreate when you and Yoongi had been separated by the press tour and though you had tried, nothing came close to the feeling you got from being in his arms.

Love, calm, safety... Home.

You let that thought roll around in your head a moment while thinking of what you were actually doing today and for the first time, allowed yourself to have real thoughts of what could happen between you and Yoongi after today.

When two people start dating, mostly they're just thinking of being together or their own immediate happiness, but really everyone you dated was a candidate for marriage.

You had been in serious relationships before. Certainly, with your dipshit ex, you had thought maybe there was a chance at a future. But even then, when you'd tried to lay that future out in your own mind, you hadn't been able to see that path. And you, being the obsessive planner, overthinker that you were, hadn't really thought about the "why" behind you not able to picture yourself as someone's wife.

But with Yoongi, it was nearly immediate.

You had fought hard back in Chicago not to allow yourself to fall too deeply in love with him. To not depend on, or cling, or need him, because you had assumed that six-month countdown clock meant he was leaving.

You'd entered into your relationship with Yoongi, knowing it could burn hotter than the sun and then fade to black when he went to Korea. That was why the idea of him bringing you to Korea had hit so hard. You hadn't wanted to think about the long term future, because when you'd tried before, you'd been burned so hard.

But as you lay in the warmth of Yoongi's arms now, you realized that after you had visited your aunt and uncle, you'd never had a problem thinking about the future, because Yoongi was always in it. Always.

No matter what kind of future your brain envisioned, it took only another moment or two for a thought of Yoongi to pop in and fit in exactly with your imaginings. Your brain was happy to tell you exactly what the next few years were going to be like, and when you'd have time to think about tours or weddings or kids or whatever else the future wanted to throw at you. Yoongi fit into every single one of those scenarios.

And it didn't freak you out.

Which in and of itself, should have freaked you out to be honest. This man had only come into your life six months ago, and your life was now literally upside down from where you had started on New Year's Eve at the beginning of the year. Every aspect of your life had changed.

And that didn't freak you out anymore either.