Part 33

To be honest, you'd pretty much shoved this apartment out of your mind a long time ago, somewhere between the hotel and moving in to the dorm and now that you were standing inside it, your nose wrinkled in protest.

"Did no one open a window to get the smell of the spray paint out," you murmured, and Minho turned around and looked at you from where he stood in the main living area and shook his head.

"No (Y/N)ie, the SMPA just turned it back over to us on Monday, so we haven't been in here again until today," he explained and you nodded, though you weren't thrilled with that answer.

You and Yoongi had gotten dressed, and Minho had driven you over to Yoongi's place at RiverHill, where you saw to your amusement and slight amazement, that there was press camped out.

"You haven't even stepped foot here for how many months now," you said, and Yoongi laughed.

"The Subin thing is still hot news though, so they're hoping against hope I'll be here," he explained, and you were still confused. But trying to understand the whims of a paparazzi was like trying to explain how to ride a bicycle to a fish.

Minho got you through the first two gates and into the underground garage, and there you left the car. The three of you walked through the pathways to the entrance to the apartment and you saw some of the police tape still on the door.

You turned to Minho, and he waved your concern away. "They handed back the keys and told me they didn't need anything else," he said, and he'd escorted you inside to where you now stood.

You did a slow turn and looked around the room and saw Yoongi watching your face.

He tilted his head and you saw the question on his face, and you worked hard to be polite.

"It's a big space," you said carefully, and Yoongi came over and wrapped his arms around you as he laughed.

Tilting your chin up to look at him, he stroked your cheek with his thumb.

"You can say it Babygirl, I don't mind," he said quietly, and you gave up on being polite.

"Yoongi, it's like living in a pre-decorated dentist office. Everything is white and modern and... shiny," you said gesturing to the coffee table which was some weird vinyl resin wood mix. It looked neat, but the jagged edges of the wood made you want to put on hockey goalie pads to avoid the damages to your shins.

The light fixture above your head looked like a depiction of the corona virus, spiky and unpleasant, and was done in chrome with super bright white lights and reflected off the shiny ceiling paint. Who paints their ceiling in a non-matte paint? Just put mirrors up there if you want to look at yourself that much...

Your brain was a whirl of thoughts and not one of them was kind to whoever had decorated this place. You tried repeatedly and failed the same number of times to envision a time where this could have been a better space. Finally, you turned back to Yoongi.

"I'd gut the whole place babe. I'm sorry," you said, and he laughed. He took your hand and started to walk through the rest of the apartment. Stepping over glass in the kitchen, you were baffled by how tiny the kitchen itself was for a place as big as this. You walked down the hallway to the bathroom where Subin had shattered the mirror and sighed once.

Yoongi held your hand tight in his as you followed Minho into what must have been the master bedroom. You were happy to see that someone at least had removed the knife from the bedframe, though everything else was still a mess of feathers and paint. Plus, the general mess left throughout the apartment by the police, and you thought someone had their work cut out for them in order to clean this up.