Part 39

~A/N~

Same warning, New Chapter: This is fiction, this is all my imagination, and I will hope to any deity listening that this is not someone's reality, but I needed a "bad guy" for the purposes of this story.

Please note I've avoided a name here to the best of my ability and will restate: This is only my imagination and is pure fiction on my part.

Yoongi's Eomma faced off against the three of you after you raised your head back up and watched her face.

The restaurant crew came over and cleared the last plates and offered a wine course. You declined and requested tea instead, figuring that would give you something to do with your hands, instead of just wringing them under the table.

However, when the tea service was brought over, you brought both hands from under the table to hold the mug and you could have slapped yourself silly when Yoongi's Eomma gasped. Motherf... you thought to yourself and slid your hand back under the table.

But she'd seen and looked harshly at Yoongi.

"Is this why you agreed to come today? Knowing I would see this thing happen," she asked.

All you could do was stare at the table, mentally berating yourself for acting without thinking, but Yoongi squeezed your hand under the table and brought your linked hands up to sit on the tablecloth.

And then he made it worse.

"(Y/N)ie is mine, Eomeoni. I will have no other," he said, and you slowly closed your eyes. On one hand, seriously romantic and you'd make sure to reward his lovely words when you got back to the dorm later. On the other hand, he'd just set off a nuclear reaction and you were at ground zero.

"And what do we know of her prospects? What of her family? You cannot be serious about this thing, she's not even Korean. How dare you bring such shame to our family," she whispered furiously, and you shrank in on yourself. How could you have been so dumb as to show off your hand today?

Yoongi's brother however, ignored the words of his Eomma and turned to Yoongi.

"I think we're done here little brother, if you and your wife to be would like to leave for a more hospitable climate," he said and Yoongi tugged your hand until you slid from the booth, still trying to not look up or interact with his mom at all.

Yoongi held tight to your hand as he tucked it into the crook of his elbow and prepared to escort you back to the waiting Minho. And though you tried to stop him, he still leaned over the table towards his Eomma.

"Mianhae Eomma. This is my choice and I'm making this decision for myself and my future family. My (Y/N)ie is what I want and what I will have, no matter what you think. I have the blessing of Min Kyungsoo and Min Yunghui, I am perfectly happy to accept that and move forward. What you do now is your choice," he finished, and he started across the restaurant.

You turned to look back and saw his mom watching you in the mirror and you smiled sadly before Yoongi tugged you around the corner and out the door into the late afternoon sunshine.

Minho had the car waiting and you piled into the Mercedes and Geumjae followed Yoongi into the car.

Geumjae looked at Minho. "Can you just drive around for a bit? I'll need to pick up my car here, but we need to talk first," he asked, and Minho nodded.

Yoongi was rubbing his forehead and you leaned into his shoulder, and he moved his arm around you as you settled against him.

"Oh (Y/N)ie, I'm so sorry," he started and you sat up and pushed your hand against his mouth.

"My fault Yoongiah," you said, and his eyes flashed hot, but you shook your head. "I knew not to bring my ring up so she would see it. I shouldn't have agreed with you to keep it on," you finished and this time his face went stony under your hand, and he pushed your hand from his face.

"You accepted my ring (Y/N)ie. You don't get to take it off just because my mother is a raging narcissistic bitch who doesn't give two shits about anyone except herself," he whisper yelled and you sighed and leaned into him again.

"We nearly had her calmed her down, she almost thought about listening to us for a moment," you grumbled, and you felt him shake his head no.

"Something else would have upset her. She has constructed her own narrative and even if she watched every video we could find, she wouldn't think it was enough evidence in her own mind," said Yoongi and Geumjae chimed in before you could.

"He's right little sister. I believe we wait for the SMPA to talk to Mother now and let them deal with her. Yoongissi, you've decided to sell RiverHill," he asked, and you felt Yoongi nod again.

"I highly suggest you not give our honored parents any keycodes to your next home," he teased and you and Yoongi both sighed at the same time.

You settled against Yoongi and let him, and his brother, hash out what to do next with their Eomma while you listened. Mostly it was Yoongi letting Geumjae know what had yet to come, and Minho reminded Yoongi to let his brother know about what had happened on Tuesday and so you ran through yet another recital of those events.

And you hummed to yourself a little bit when just listening to the words didn't immediately trigger an attack. Either you were getting better at this, or... more likely you'd have another bad episode later. Yippee.

Yoongi's hand reached for yours as he went through the description of what had happened and Geumjae stared at you around Yoongi.

"Wow. Welcome to Korea huh (Y/N)ssi?" His voice was sympathetic, and you had to chuckle a bit.

"I think it's to make up for what happened to Yoongi on the movie when he first got to Chicago," you teased, and Yoongi turned to you in all seriousness.

"But you fixed 90% of that issue on day one (Y/N)ie," he said and you shrugged. "This I'm not sure how I can fix," he murmured, and you sat up in the seat and took his face in your hands.

"There is nothing to fix here Yoongiah. Not a damn thing. I have you and you definitely have me, and we are just fine as we are. Nothing needs to be fixed, nothing changes what we are together. Seoul or Chicago, it doesn't matter," you whispered fiercely, and he smiled in your hands before taking your hands in his and kissing your ring finger once more.

"Even as you say Babygirl," he said, and you turned to apologize to Geumjae who was grinning while looking between you and Yoongi.

"I approved of this before I met you (Y/N)ssi. I approved of this on Sunday, after I met you. But after today? All the blessings I can give you little brother," he said, and Yoongi let go of your hand to shake his brothers in thanks.

Minho circled the block back to the restaurant and Geumjae offered his goodbyes and good luck's for the tour before he climbed out and the door slammed shut. Minho pulled away from the curb and you sighed as you were finally able to kick off the pinchy shoes. Yoongi looked down to the shoes on the carpet and laughed before tucking you under his arm once more.

"Well, that was fun," he said, and you laughed inagreement and happily headed away from the drama and back to the dorm.