Part 105

Dinner was a small affair for your family, made only a bit bigger by your inclusion of the magnae to make a total of thirteen at the table this year. Usually, you were able to convince Kat and Derek to come with, but they'd been able to go see Kat's mom in Memphis this week, so they hadn't been able to join you. And since you were home for a while longer, you were ok with missing them, and even happier that they'd gotten to go see family themselves.

You watched as your guys tried some of everything, mostly to be polite you thought. Jungkook and Taehyung were both baffled by the cranberry sauce, but Yoongi knew about your addiction to sour patch kids, and he put it together quickly enough.

"It's probably an acquired taste Babygirl. It's sour but so sugary," he said, and you laughed.

"Real cranberries are more sour," you'd informed him and he'd just shaken his head and avoided both dishes as they were passed. Your uncle had outdone himself with the turkey, and it had been finished in the oven by your aunt. No dry yucky turkeys for you guys.

You were trying to explain that turkey was a bit like chicken to Tae, who wasn't buying it at all, but after Jungkook ate some, he couldn't resist being left behind, so he tried it to. He seemed to like it, though not as much as Kook, who went back for seconds.

Jimin was eating as his normal self, and you worked with your aunt to find the few healthier recipes that you'd included for him. You frowned a bit at his diet restrictions, but he'd shrugged it off and leaned over to whisper in your ear.

"I'll taste some of the sweets table Noona, and I'll eat again later," he said, and you nodded a bit.

Yoongi seemed to just be in awe at the amount of food. Finally, he turned to you.

"This is like Chuseok, but the size of your side dishes is insane (Y/N)ie," he said and made you laugh. You had to explain to your family what Chuseok was and that lead to an interesting discussion about the differences between American and Korean harvest holidays.

You spent some more time telling your aunt and uncle about meeting with Yoongi's aunt and uncle and their farm. Then a bit more letting the magnae work their ever-improving English against your aunt's desires to learn more about Seoul and what life was like there.

Your cousin Jesse watched the three of them and turned to look at you across the table.

"Seems like it all worked out (Y/N). Whether you're here or there, it sounds like you're home either way," he said to your surprise. You felt Yoongi take your hand in his and were grateful when he spoke for you.

"We work hard to make (Y/N) feel at home no matter where she is," he said, and you'd smiled at him a bit before looking back to Jesse.

"This is what I always wanted," you said quietly, and your cousins had grinned at you.

You talked about the wedding a bit and what else you needed to do, Jimin and Jungkook chiming in where they had ideas for your aunt and the meal passed quickly.

The guys followed your cousins into the family room, and you helped your aunt clear the table. You got all the food organized into take home containers for yourself and your cousins before they walked back in.

"Everything ready for us," asked Josh and your Aunt Pat leaned over and bussed his cheek for a kiss.

"I've put everything into piles of what needs to go home with who Josh. Jesse, you make sure that (Y/N)'s crockpot gets done too please. I'm going to go enjoy my tea," she said and with that you left your cousins to the dishes and happily walked back out to watch some football.

The magnae were fascinated by the game. They'd all seen American Football, but this was a new kind of thing. You explained how both of these teams always played on Thanksgiving Day, so there was always football on today, and had gotten some weird looks.