Part 36

Hoseok snuck up behind you when you were giving Yeeun a hug and you startled to hear his voice very near your ear.

"What are you two plotting now," he asked.

The fact that you and Yeeun both jumped and said "Nothing!" probably didn't help matters, but it made Hobie laugh.

"If you say so ladies." He put his dishes in the sink and then came back over and to your delight, he ignored you and focused on Yeeun. "Are you staying for dinner," he asked quietly, and your eyes got big.

"Do you want me to?" Her tone was curious, but you could tell by the way that her hands were clasped together that she was nervous and when Hoseok just smiled at her you thought you would break into a dance routine of your own devising.

"Of course, we have more to talk about. Especially the red dress for (Y/N)ie," he said and your grin died on your face thinking of red wedding dresses until Yeeun burst into laughter and Hoseok turned around and pointed his finger at you.

"Noona, that's what you deserve. Now, knock it off," he said and then leaned over to Yeeun. "Stay," he said simply, and she nodded, and he took off down the hall to the practice room.

You and Yeeun turned away from the table so no one could see that both of your faces were now bright red for completely different reasons.

"Well," you said out loud and then paused.

"Well indeed," she whispered and reached for your hand and squeezed it hard once before turning to you. "Let's look like we're talking about something important for a few more minutes (Y/N)ie," and you nodded in agreement.

Yoongi was going to give you soooo much shit later, but if your friends were happy, you were happy too.

The guys cleaned up their area and you and Yeeun dug out the plates you had made earlier and sat down to eat now that there was some space cleared. Tae and Jimin were still finishing up and you asked how practice was going.

Taehyung despaired of doing anything besides dancing anytime soon, but Jimin was the opinion you really wanted here. But being Jimin, he let Tae complain about how things were going first and then he spoke in his usual mild voice.

"I think we're nearly ready Noona. Hobiehyung drives us hard but he's almost always right when he's talking about things we missed or that could be improved. And a couple of the songs Namjoonhyung picked out, we haven't really done in front of people for years now. So, we know everything, nothing is new choreography, but it's just taking us all a bit to relearn what we already knew."

"Some of us longer than others," said Seokjin from where he was sitting sipping at a cup of tea. You smiled at him, and he grinned back. "Jiminah is right (Y/N)ie, we're almost there."

You were glad to hear all of your guys give a mostly positive assessment and then reminded Jin to tell Hyunjoo about Sunday again and he laughed a little. "I think you have an admirer in my Jiho. Yoongiah might need to be concerned," he said referring to his oldest son and you giggled a bit when Yoongi grimaced.

"That's a tough fight," he said, and you leaned into Yoongi for a moment.

"I bribed him to like me with Nutella you know," you teased, and Yoongi thought for a moment and shook his head sadly.

"Well, I can't compete with that," he said and then leaned over and dropped a kiss on your cheek before clearing his dishes into the sink. He came back over and stood behind your chair and put his hands on your shoulders and rubbed for a moment. You reached up and linked your fingers through his and he lifted your ring finger to his mouth and kissed it before asking Jimin and Tae a question about one of the verses in the new song.