Part 108

You spent the days before Christmas eve splitting time between your wedding and Jimins. When things got a little too hectic, you went downstairs and played with the kids for a while.

They had been so excited by first, the airplane flight, and then at the idea that they got to live in the American dorms just like their dads. You had eventually decided that that was a pretty accurate title for what you had here.

You made sure they had the requested pancakes and spent time with Jiho and Namjoon's eldest talking a little in English, which they were beginning to learn in school. Jiho worked on his English, and you convinced him to help you with your Korean much to his amusement. When he leaned over and patted your hand a little in consolation after another word that was hard for you, you had to hide a smile at the tiny Jin that smiled back at you.

"R's are really hard," you were informed and you made a face.

"So are B's," you informed Jiho, and he nodded solemnly.

You played with the kids and their flashcards until Jihye said it was time for lunch and you watched them race off to the kitchen. They thought this was a blast, that all their family was together again, and every time you heard the kids laugh, it helped refocus you on what was actually important.

You slipped out of the apartment and headed back upstairs only to find Minho at the breakfast bar. You raised an eyebrow in question, and he tilted his head down the hall towards the studio and you made a face.

"They have been having secret studio time since we got to Chicago," you grumbled and made Minho laugh.

"You could ask (Y/N)ie, you are the maenijyeo after all," he teased and now you frowned. Then shook your head.

"Even if that's true, it's still their music. They'll show me when it's ready," you said, and Minho leaned over to poke at your bottom lip. Which you then hurriedly hid while he laughed.

You got your tablet and settled down into your poof to run through last second details.

When Yeeun came upstairs, you made a bit of space, and you sank into the poof together making her giggle.

You shared the tablet between the two of you and she helped you knock out another few questions from Katia and your Aunt Pat. Then she showed you a list of questions for Jimin's wedding and the two of you worked through those as well.

You were still talking about cupcake flavors versus mooncake flavors when your tablet let off a trill and you frowned at it.

"That's my weather app," you groaned, and you closed one eye to open it, hoping against hope that it wasn't what you thought it was. You opened the app and sure enough, there was the notification you didn't want to see.

"It never snows in December... And this year we get a winter storm warning for Christmas," you grumbled and Yeeun looked up in surprise.

"(Y/N)ie, how much snow is that going to be," asked Yeeun and you rubbed your face a bit.

"Enough that I think we're going to have to make new plans," you sighed and immediately your phone started to ring. You glanced at it and realized it was Kat, and she'd probably just gotten the same storm warning you had. You answered and then held the phone about a foot from your ear as she proceeded to freak out entirely.

"Girl did you see that just now? What the heck? It never snows like that now. You know they're all wrong and it's going to be sunny and forty on Sunday," she said, and you mumbled in agreement, but you were reaching for your remote control.

You got the tv on in time to see WGN had gotten the same weather report you had and were showing you the storm that was brewing in Colorado now. You did the mental math, watched the rotation of the clouds a bit. You watched the bottom of the screen and saw that by Friday, there would be thunder and lightning in Texas.