Part 40

Sunday night you were happy to spend in the kitchen explaining to Hoseok how lunch with Yoongi's Eomma had gone or not gone. You had come home, and changed, when Yoongi had changed as well, he insisted on cooking for both of you since you had barely touched your food you were so nervous.

"I'm sure it was really nice food," you said to him for the fifth time, and he finally turned back from the cooktop to stare at you with one eyebrow raised.

"That we couldn't taste because of how small the plates were," he said again, and you just rolled your eyes. "Babygirl, lunch was supposed to include wine pairings and you waved them aside. So did I because you were so nervous, it made me nervous," he complained and you winced thinking about exactly how much money he'd spent, just so he could eat your caviar and foam stuff.

Yuck...

Hoseok wandered in when you were sitting down and took one glance at the two of you and headed into the living room. You heard the clinking of glass before he came back in and set the wine bottle on the table. You started to laugh when he walked over and grabbed five goblets and the corkscrew and then poured healthy doses for everyone.

You looked at the two extra wine glasses and Hoseok motioned to the hallway where JK, Jimin and Tae all hovered. You pushed back your chair to go greet them, but Hoseok stuck his foot behind your chair.

"They're just waiting until it's safe," he teased. "Drink your wine grumpy," and nudged the glass in front of you. You laughed and looked at Yoongi who just shook his head and nodded towards the trio in the hallway.

"She's not descending down on us, it's safe," he called out and Jimin giggled a bit, though he tried to hide it.

"Sorry Noona. We made the mistake of being introduced to Yoongihyung's Eomma once," said Jimin.

"Once was more than enough," mumbled Jungkook and you smiled.

"No wine for you Kookie," you asked curious as to his answer.

Grinning he shook his head and went and dug in the fridge until he found something else to drink, then came back and sat with you at the table.

Hoseok had picked a white wine, and you were thankful he remembered from Chicago. You gladly ate the meal Yoongi had cooked for you and explained for the others about the caviar foam whatever that was. Yoongi explained about the one-inch square "steak" that had been the third plate and Hobie just laughed.

"Did you pick that place Noona," he asked, and you glared at him all offended until he laughed his ass off, bent over from the table. Jimin was giggling up a storm and Tae leaned over.

"Noona, quit trying to be mean to Hobihyung, he just wants to make sure you're not going to make us try to eat that," he teased, and you rolled your eyes in exasperation and pointed to the bowl of rice in front of you.

"Real food, not "fish egg foam whatever" type of craziness," you said, and he unbent enough to laugh as well. After, you cleaned up from dinner and took the remainder of the bottle and your glasses into the living room and chatted about what the fallout from today's conversation might be.

Hoseok however had one point of focus.

"Oh, she's going to be so angry when the police show up at her door and want to talk about Subin. Yoongihyung, what if she doesn't let them in," he asked, and Yoongi set down his wine glass and rubbed his forehead again.

"I don't know. But I think that's what will happen as well," he said quietly and the mood in the room dimmed a bit as you all thought about what that might mean. But rebounded quickly when Jimin giggled a bit.