Part 67

In the morning, you spent an early hour on the phone with Namjoon, Seunghyun and BangPD, with Minho and Yoongi listening in. You all agreed that the timing of the stories release was more than a little suspect, but that neither you, nor Sejin or Seunghyun could definitively tie the story release back to Kang Sanghoon or his nephew.

You ran through the protocols you had in place for today and Minho confirmed everything he felt you'd skipped over. At the end of the recital both Seunghyun and BangPD talked to Namjoon and Yoongi about how this was affecting the rest of Bangtan and both men reassured BangPD that things were mostly normal, except for the occasional need to hurry out of a place, and the additional security.

There was a pause while you waited for the final verdict from BangPD and you realized you were incredibly nervous to hear what judgement he might have. Obviously, there were millions of dollars riding on this concert, and maintaining the sanity, health and safety of your talent team, should be your number one concern. Not all this Scooby-Doo stuff, and you were legitimately concerned that BangPD would regret placing his faith in you as the BTS manager.

Yoongi noticed you were moving towards a full panic attack and quickly went into the bedroom area and grabbed the blanket from the penthouse and came back out to tuck it around you. He wrapped his arm around you, and you leaned against him and waited. Namjoon watched you with concern and finally stuck out a hand and took yours into his. You smiled at Joon and appreciated that your normally non-demonstrative brother had offered his hand for your nerves, even if he didn't know why.

When BangPD spoke again, you were grateful it wasn't a video call.

"I think you and your team are doing all that can be expected with things the way they are at the moment Maenijyeo," he said, and you sagged hard against Yoongi before sitting back up again. BangPD continued, thankfully unaware of your near meltdown.

"I understand that that situation might change after today and I will be waiting with Seunghyun today for updates from yourself and your team this evening. We will speak with you again then," and you thanked BangPD and Seunghyun for their time and with a very shaky hand, you pressed end on the call.

"Babygirl," chided Yoongi and you sighed a little, but it was Namjoon who was most concerned.

"Noona, you must get over this idea that something you're doing will cause us to give you up as the Maenijyeo," he said quietly, and you raised an eyebrow.

"I am now personally endangering the lives of the largest entertainment group on the planet, simply by being around you which brings you into the line of fire from a known adversary. Tell me again how my being here and part of this team isn't detrimental to the status of the tour," you said back to him, and he leaned back a bit. He worked his jaw while he chewed through your words and when he finally turned back to you, he was just as angry as you were.

"Doesn't matter," he said finally, and your jaw dropped.

"Namjoon," you gasped, and he held up a hand and you sat back to wait.

"We're not little kids (Y/N)ie. We haven't been for a long time now. We know what we're doing in this industry. We as a group decide who to deal with, all decisions are done all for one and one for all. You know that by now," he said and stared at you until you nodded a little.

He turned on the couch to face you fully and you felt Yoongi's arms slide around you from behind. Not really to comfort, but to hold you in place.

"(Y/N)ie, if we didn't think you could handle this, all of us would have agreed with Yoongi and shoved you back on a plane to go home weeks ago. Or better yet, we would have told Yoongihyung to leave you in Chicago. I would not have asked for your help, Yoongi would not have offered Sungjin," he said and took your hands in his again and made you look at him.