Chapter 80: The Honored One - The God Who is Untouchable!

~~~

As the downed, and unconscious Mifune lied on the ground, the pool of blood began to expand greatly. The Kages looked at Naruto, their bodies tensed at the sight of the obliteration of Mifune.

That could've happened to them, but it didn't. And even now, the exact same thing could still happen to them if Naruto wanted to end them. But that was not his goal at all.

To destroy their morale would mean their advancements in both preparation for war and the evolution of their power would falter greatly. It would halt their growth to the point where they'd die in seconds the moment the war began.

Naruto stood still, his question digging down a burrow inside their minds.

"So... Who is Next?"

Only time will tell if their lives will continue. The lightning that had clad Naruto's blade was dangerous; maybe admirable to some; but dangerous nonetheless. As they all stood still, both parties wanted to see who would make the first move.

Up to this point Naruto had yet to gain a single injury and he was fighting the Kages for God's sake. Enough of waiting, Naruto moved his leg, now making the move.

The Kages had their guard up considerably - even Onoki had his guard up in front of someone so young, but so overwhelmingly strong. Naruto bent his knees a tiny bit, entering a stance before disappearing from their sight, leaving a large crater once leaving.

Each time he reappeared, a noise was made by his blade channeled with lightning chakra, making them flicker and twist their heads towards the cause it, but Naruto would disappear the moment they registered the noise.

Finally, Naruto appeared from behind, leaving another crater that was even more larger than the last once he jumped up, entering the air as the moonlight engulfed him.

Naruto looked down, the blade that was still coated in lightning chakra grew wildly as he imbued limitless amounts of it into the blade. The Kages looked up to the sky. Seeing what was hurling towards them, they quickly dodged the attack that would've cleanly ended their life.

As Naruto brought forth the lightning imbued blade downwards, the ground shook, the attack piercing meters underground and travel miles above surface.

Onoki appeared flying himself towards him. He went through a series of hand seals before he unleashed the jutsu that he was about to use. Once finishing, the snow on the ground began to rumble in anticipation.

As Naruto continued falling, spikes that sprouted from earth began to target Naruto at the speed of sound. Bits and pieces of snow and ice were attached to it due to the cold weather.

"Now!" Yelled Onoki, gesturing for the other Kages to make their move. They all nodded, all attaching themselves onto the spikes by channeling chakra to their feet to stick on to the pillars of spikes.

The Kages followed the trail that the spikes were leading them, the spikes growing in length every second. Naruto sighed lightly as the Kages jumped off the spikes.

Looked at the snowy ground for a moment before immediately deciding on his next course of action. His eyes looking directly at the ground, Naruto outstretched his hand.