Chapter 5: Variety Show

"What's wrong recently? Two shifts a day, can you handle it?"

Gu Qingchi leaned against the bar, looking tired. His long legs were crossed and slightly bent. His eyes were closed.

The head waiter turned a blind eye to Gu Qingchi's disheveled appearance.

Gu Qingchi opened his eyes after a while and stretched his arms. He stood up and spoke directly.

"I need money."

"I still have some savings. If you need help, just say the word."

"Don't, I'm not that desperate yet."

The head waiter's mother was in poor health. There were a lot of things they needed the money for. Gu Qingchi didn't want to bother him.

The bartender next to them interjected.

"If Qingchi wanted to, making money would be super easy. Just look at the customers who came on to him. Which one isn't a millionaire?"

This was the truth. Those without some money wouldn't be here in the first place.

The bartender had a short goatee, sunken eye sockets, and deep eyes. He was quite handsome and looked a bit foreign. However, he was, in fact, 100% from Beijing.

The people who knew him called him Chen Jiu. His surname was, indeed, Chen, but his first name was not Jiu. Apparently, his real name was very tacky. He never mentioned his real name and would get pissed whenever someone did.

He was also very well-dressed. The ring on his hand was Cartier, and the leather shoes on his feet were Testoni, both of which were way beyond what his salary could afford.

But, he didn't depend on his wages. Rather, he depended on women. He switched girlfriends one after another. The longest one lasted for three months. They all separated on good terms.

Chen Jiu made his intentions clear: he was looking to play around. Although he was indeed a bit of a playboy, he had a high EQ. He never cheated on his girlfriends. He also had two rules: one, don't be a homewrecker, and two, don't hook up with cheaters.

In fact, he was rather considerate in the relationship. He clearly understood his position and set out to serve the ladies. His reputation among his ex-girlfriends was actually pretty good. He took to this sort of thing like a fish to water.

Even so, he was still jealous of Gu Qingchi's luck with admirers and was pained by how Gu Qingchi was wasting those potential dating opportunities. He would always encourage Gu Qingchi to hook up with a suitor whenever he had the chance, persistently trying to convince him.

"Man or woman, just choose one you like. Both sides get what they want. Beauty is a rare resource, there's no shame in cashing in on it."

Gu Qingchi couldn't help but smile.

"It's not for me. I can't do it. It makes me feel restricted."

"Restricted? If you don't want to do it anymore, just make it clear. That way, you can end things on good terms. We're all good people, and you don't seem like the type to beat around the bush."

Chen Jiu pushed a glass of wine over.

"Try it. I've been practicing."

Gu Qingchi leaned against the bar and picked up the wineglass with one hand. He slightly swirled it, and the blue liquid at the bottom of the glass began to dissolve.

"What I'm saying is, you can't just go at your own pace. Before you do anything, you have to think about the other person as well."

Gu Qingchi took a sip.