Chapter 10: Rural Tourism

The next morning after moving, Gu Qingchi needed to report to Xingyao Entertainment. Ye Li asked Gu Qingchi to arrive at his office at nine o'clock.

Gu Qingchi was practically nocturnal since he used to work either in the afternoon or at night. His sleep schedule kept pace with little Dragon Li, so the human and the cat both slept during the day.

Later, he resigned and didn't have an evening shift anymore, but his sleeping schedule still didn't change. Gu Qingchi liked nighttime.

There weren't many people out at night. It's quiet. Daytime was a bit too noisy for him.

In a sense, his sleep-wake cycle was actually very regular.

For him to suddenly switch it up, Gu Qingchi's whole being seemed to have suddenly withered.

As he was leaving, he stared for a while at the little Dragon Li who had twisted itself into a pretzel in its sleep. He really wanted to wake it up and put it in his pocket. In the end, however, he regretfully gave up his plan to take it with him.

Xingyao Entertainment strictly managed entry and exit. Employee ID badges were required both going in and out. This was to prevent paparazzi from getting in.

Ye Li gave his ID to Gu Qingchi yesterday. He was already a long-time employee at Xingyao Entertainment, so he could get in just by showing his face.

Gu Qingchi obediently hung the ID badge around his neck and entered the front door of Xingyao Entertainment.

Many people were coming and going in the lobby, including white-collar workers in suits as well as artists covered in sunglasses, masks, and trendy brands.

It was around time for work to start. There were many people waiting for the elevator. Gu Qingchi stood behind the crowd of people to wait for the elevator as well.

Suddenly, there was a loud commotion from the door. Security hurried over to help block the swarming media reporters. Several staff members led the way, opening a path through the crowd while apologizing.

"Sorry, so sorry, special circumstances, please make a path."

A man wearing a mask was hurriedly escorted by several people along the path that was made through the crowd.

He was very tall. Even when surrounded by so many staff members, he was still visibly taller by a good bit. His eyes and brows were very sharp. He seems to be in a bad mood, his entire body exuding a sense of pressure.

Several people subconsciously stepped back when he walked by.

The elevator had been stopped for a while. He stepped in without hesitation. After pressing the floor number, he stood in the middle of the elevator with a cold face. The staff quickly followed him in and stood behind him.

Gu Qingchi watched all of this in silence and yawned lazily. When he looked up, he found that the man was looking at him. The two of them just so happened to make eye contact.

The typical person might look away after suddenly making eye contact, but Gu Qingchi did not react. He just indifferently stared back right up until the elevator door closed.

In the elevator, Xie Luyu's anger caused by entertainment reporters suddenly went down a lot.

By the time he reached his floor, it had completely calmed down.

The company truly valued Xie Luyu a lot. The entire seventh floor belonged to Xie Luyu. Besides his office, which was pretty much never used, his entire team was also on the seventh floor.

Xie Luyu's agent had already received news of his arrival.

Xie Luyu's agent was called Pan Xiaocheng 1 , but he wasn't small at all. He was a solid 1.9 meters tall, about as tall as Xie Luyu. Furthermore, he was big-boned and liked wearing sunglasses. When he walked around with Xie Luyu, he looked like a bodyguard.