Chapter 9: Agent

Ye Li was an agent of Xingyao Entertainment. He had graduated from a prestigious university, ambitious and ready to build up a career.

He had entered the industry for a year and a half, and yet he didn't have a single artist under him.

This wasn't an issue with his abilities as an agent. He had a good reputation in the industry, but he wasn't very well-known. In other words, he wasn't well-known among artists.

Many actors and celebrities knew about the most capable agents like the back of their hand—a good agent can boost their careers with only half the effort—but very few of them knew about Ye Li.

However, their agents definitely knew of Ye Li. His network consisted of other agents, directors, show producers, and investors.

When Ye Li terminated the contract with his artist, many people contacted Ye Li, wanting to help him connect with an artist, but Ye Li refused them one by one.

Ye Li's professional abilities were very strong. He was exceptionally experienced when it came to interpersonal relationships, not at all like a newcomer to the industry.

He could keep calm in any bad situation, handle it in an orderly manner, and make a clear and concise plan of action in the face of any emergency on the spot.

The reason why he was not well-known was because of one of his weird demands.

Ye Li would only sign newcomers, and he would only sign one at a time. He had a lot of requirements for his artist, one of which being that they absolutely had to be someone who had just entered the industry.

Be it an actor or an idol, it didn't matter.

Whether it was a professionally trained actor who had just entered the industry or a reserve idol trainee that shined above the rest, Ye Li has signed them both before.

Since joining the industry, Ye Li had only signed two newcomers in total, and, every time, the contract period was set to be one year.

Both chose not to renew the contract. In fact, the second one even chose to cancel the contract in advance.

At the time, both of them were considered excellent seedlings. One was an up-and-coming actor, and the other was an idol capable of breathtaking high notes.

They spoke highly of Ye Li's professional ability, but they all complained that he was too harsh.

Ye Li didn't particularly care about renewing the contract either. The decision to cancel the contract was two-sided. He also had no intention of continuing the contract. In fact, towards the end, he was also tired of it. It was due to professional ethics that he was able to see it to the end.

Towards the end, Ye Li could almost see how they would end up. At most, they might be able to barely squeeze into the very bottom of the A-list. This kind of future withered his enthusiasm. No, without him pulling the strings, they might not even be able to reach that.

Especially the one who ended the contract, an idol, who was now in a relationship.

Ye Li was not very optimistic about his future.

When he first started in the industry, his attitude was fairly upright, but, later, he started having inappropriate contact with his fans and got a girlfriend. This situation happened at least two or three times. Ye Li warned him, but he was incorrigible.

Later, because of this, the two fell out with each other. Finally, he proposed to terminate the contract on the grounds that Ye Li interfered too much with his private life.

Ye Li agreed. He could see very clearly.

Unless the other party is able to change in a short period of time or unless they managed to hide the relationship very well, everything he had now could be easily destroyed.