Chapter 15: Chopping Wood

Gu Qingchi went back to his room, taking off his clothes as he walked to the bed. The tie was the first to be thrown on the floor, then the shirt, the belt, and finally the pants.

This was a bad habit of his. He was never able to change it, even if it caused him more trouble the next day.

He always felt so relieved when he dropped those things to the floor. It felt like a butterfly finally freeing its wings from its cocoon.

Gu Qingchi let himself fall onto the bed.

The moment he had arrived on set, he recognized Xie Luyu immediately.

It would've been stranger if he hadn't recognized him. He had seen so many of Xie Luyu's advertisements on billboards. The subway was also filled with ads of him.

The universe sure was strange, wasn't it?

A person who could only be seen from a poster through the window suddenly appeared in front of you alive and well.

The Xie Luyu who had been an abstract idea suddenly took on a concrete image.

In the past, Xie Luyu was just a contact in his phone to Gu Qingchi. Calls would never be answered, text messages would never be answered, but at least he would never disappear.

He was a prison and a lighthouse.

If Gu Qingchi was a snail, then he was Gu Qingchi's shell, giving him both a heavy burden and complete protection.

Xie Luyu was special to Gu Qingchi.

It was impossible for Gu Qingchi to treat Xie Luyu as if nothing had happened, interacting with him as he does with everyone else.

Even after he decided to leave everything behind and move forward, he still couldn't do it.

But it didn't matter. He had already left everything and walked out.

He already made it through such difficult days.

How hard could the rest of them be?

******

The next day, the program team started recording early in the morning. At nine o'clock, they started knocking on the doors of the guests.

When Xie Luyu arrived at the dining room, Huang Hanyu and the two girls had already arrived.

There were five sets of breakfast on the table. Breakfast was a glass of milk and a sandwich. It looked like instant food bought from a convenience store, which looked rather unappetizing.

This would be the only meal provided by the program team during the four-day filming process. They would have to be self-reliant in the future.

Chen Yueran's eyes lit when she saw Xie Luyu. She was secretly a complete fangirl. She was the kind that would check in1 every day and blow money on her idol. However, even if she spent money, she would spend it in a very healthy manner.

The main reason was because her idol was too capable, so there was no need for her to blow money on him.

Xie Luyu was her idol. Because of her idol, she was single-mindedly devoted to acting.

Currently, the only thing she was blowing money on was tickets to rewatch his movies a couple more times. Sometimes, she wasn't even able to snatch a ticket fast enough before they were sold out.

And, from another point of view, there was nothing wrong with her being a fan of Xie Luyu. She was even able to get the support of her parents.

No actor could say no to Xie Luyu.