Chapter 6: Variety Show

Treasure Hunt was a very popular live variety show recently. It had both an edited version and a live version.

The edited version would be broadcast on TV. The ratings weren't particularly bad but not particularly great either.

What it was known for was the almost scary amount of viewers it had during the live-streamed version.

There was a resident guest on the show who was originally only a D-list celebrity. However, after a few episodes of the show, he could be considered a B-list celebrity relying on this variety show alone.

The other resident guests have also skyrocketed in popularity.

The show itself was actually pretty simple. For each episode, the program crew would write a script and then select a suitable venue according to the background of the script. They would also arrange for staff members to play NPCs.

The participants would be divided into two teams. Then, they would look for clues within the designated area and then look for where the treasure would be based on those clues. The team that finds the treasure first wins.

The theme of the last episode was the amusement park, and the staff all dressed up as cartoon characters.

The theme of this episode was the film studio, so the staff members would dress up as photographers, make-up artists, and models.

The crew was pretty rich, so they rented almost all the nearby studios. However, there were still a few studios that had long since been rented out already.

It wouldn't be that big of a problem. They could just go around those studios.

Hong jie entrusted Gu Qingchi to a makeup artist. The makeup artist was also pretty well-known. By then, she had already finished with the other models and was more than happy to see Gu Qingchi.

She picked up a makeup brush and awkwardly stared at Gu Qingchi for a long time.

"There's no need for make-up at all..."

Hong jie, on the other hand, had a bit of an idea. Her store had recently followed the trend and released a clothing line based on darker colors, the main element of which was emo culture.

"I want the decadent, dejected kind of vibe. I ordered a new batch of clothes, you know? They're all black and gray. Young people these days like this kind of style. Just have the makeup match the clothes."

The makeup artist made an OK gesture. She and Hong jie also knew each other privately, and they often communicated with each other.

"Ah, zip it, you. How many times have you told me already? I got it, don't worry."

She asked Gu Qingchi to sit down, looked at his face, and muttered to herself.

"The skin tone doesn't need any adjustment. There aren't any red spots, very pale. The hair is fine too, so shiny. Is the lip color too red? No, a pop of color with the dark clothes would be pretty good, nice contrast."

Hong jie tried to visualize how the new batch of clothes would look like on Gu Qingchi and hesitantly spoke.

"There...really doesn't seem to be any need for makeup, huh?"

He had a naturally model-like figure. Anything he wore would look good on him.

The makeup artist pondered for a bit and finally came to a decision.

"Let's have him change into the clothes first and take a look."

Hong jie was a bit older and had been dealing with clothes for most of her life. She might not understand other things, but she understood popular styles and trends. She could tell what matches with what with just a single glance.