Chapter 12: Arriving Late

Although the variety show was dubbed by Pan Xiaocheng as "rural tourism", the location was actually pretty nice. It was a little remote, but there were mountains to one side and water to another. The decorating leaned towards European-style pastoralism. It looked rather stylish.

There was a two-story building. The first floor was the living room. There was a bar counter right by the entrance, wooden floors, and a platform to the side. There was an antique-style piano on the platform. The piano was made entirely of wood.

The lighting wasn't very good inside, but the owner was very tasteful and created a medieval tavern feel with the environment.

Perhaps because of the show, there was nothing in the house other than necessary furniture.

There were five bedrooms on the second floor. One was the master bedroom, and the others were secondary bedrooms.

The variety show started filming as soon as the guests entered the door. To get a more natural response, there were pretty much only cameras on set. Except for when they were announcing tasks, the staff tried their best not to show up.

Other than the bedrooms and bathrooms, cameras were installed in virtually every hidden corner. The program team was not afraid of making trouble. They were only afraid they wouldn't be able to get an exciting shot.

In order to reduce the vigilance of the guests, they also deliberately placed two very obvious cameras in the center of the living room and the corridor.

But the program arrangement was indeed innovative. Each episode invited new guests, found different venues, and arranged different activities.

The show crew was waiting for everyone to arrive to start the first segment. At this time, three people had already arrived, all of them in the living room.

The program team was in a room in the corner of the first floor, trying to reduce their sense of presence.

The guests did not know who would be on each episode, but the program team was different.

Two team leaders looked at the guest list and chatted.

"I can't believe we were able to invite Xie Luyu this episode. I guess the ratings are gonna go up again."

"That isn't surprising. I'm just a little confused. Where'd this Gu whatever come from? I haven't heard of him at all, not even a little bit."

"Sigh, don't worry about it so much. We'll just film what we need to. Besides, what else could it be? Either it's some rich kid coming out to play or it's a newcomer who took a shortcut."

"I'm worried he's gonna cause trouble for the show."

"I got a phone call just now, the car that went to pick up that Gu whatever broke down."

The other team leader tapped the guest list and continued.

"Xie Luyu's coming in his own car, he'll likely get here soon, so he'll be the last one to arrive. The ones inside are difficult to deal with, they're all young and famous, so they're impulsive, hard to handle. It's gonna be difficult for him from the beginning. Even if he manages to get a backer, it won't matter. Don't worry, he won't be able to cause any trouble."

The three guests who have already arrived were chatting in the living room at this time. All three were young. They were also all pretty popular, being at least B-list celebrities.

One of the guests was Chen Yueran who was wearing a ponytail. She had a girl-next-door kind of look about her. When she laughed, there was a dimple in her left cheek.

The guest with wavy hair was Zhou Yingying. She was wearing a little skirt and high heels.

There was also a guy called Huang Hanyu, who made his debut through a talent show not long ago. He was covered head to toe in trendy brands.