Chapter 83: Blissful Feelings

~~~

Everything was at peace in her mind. She felt the calmness that she felt as she slept peacefully. All that clouded her mind was tranquility.

The urgencies... the anxieties... they weren't there - only the steady flow of time. The lackluster of tension that loomed over her body was mesmerizing. But this soon had to end once light shined upon her face.

She squirmed, her brows furrowing as she maneuvered her had over her face out of instinct. Her hand blocked out the light that ruined her sleep. Her eyes gazed at the ceiling, her vision obscured from just waking up.

Huh? She thought, squinting before her vision cleared from the blurriness. It took a moment, but the ceiling her eyes were fixated on was one not familiar. Unconsciously stretching her arms out, Satsuki let out a moan out pleasure.

Stretching felt good.

"Goodmorning," a voice called out. At first she was tense, but it soon came to realization that the voice was one that she grew familiar with. Satsuki sat up, the blankets still covering her body.

Calmly turning her head towards the owner of the voice, she saw Naruto sitting there calmly with a book held between his fingers. The rays of light that seeped from curtains shined down upon him.

It made him look like a savant.

Her lips curled upwards, forming into a smile that reached her eyes. It was funny, she saved him once before, and now - while he didn't save her - gave her a place to rest.

"What are you reading?" She asked, laying back. Naruto raised an eyebrow, showing the cover of the book. The leather cover was one that was held in great condition.

Her eyes saw the title of the book.

"The Knights of the Brightest Light"

"It's a book that I found in this house. It's about the escapades of knights that return to their kingdom after numerous voyages, only for them to find their kingdom overan, trampled; by a person that reigned from the shadows." There was a moon on a cover that must've hold much importance.

"There's magic and fantasy tropes that you'll see. But I do think the most interesting thing was a myth used by the author that was rather popular centuries ago it seems." Naruto pointed at the moon, his interests on the book shining through.

"You probably won't read this book so I'll just spoil." Satsuki chuckled, nodding her head affirmatively. He was most certainly correct in that department. He stood up from the chair and walked towards her.

"Near the ending of the book, there is a situation that forces knights to fight on the moon." Naruto sat on the bed comfortably. Just before Satsuki could ask a question about it Naruto silenced her by putting his index finger against her mouth.

"I know, you might be wondering how people could breathe in space. That's where the myth comes in. There was a belief in the olden days that only the people that were strong could breathe and move normally in outer space." Satsuki narrowed her eyes and flicked Naruto's finger away.

"Why only the strong? Why not everyone else as well?" She asked, her curiosity blooming. Naruto gestured back to the book that he held tightly within his hand. Satsuki looked at it as well, her eyes locked on the book.