Chapter 88: The Copy Ninja

~~~

Kakashi moved at incredible speeds across the trees that wiggled due to the air and wind that was being shred apart with each passing moment.

With insane quickness, Kakashi traversed through the Land of Fire.

His destination was the Land of Waterfalls - the village that Kakuzu so happens to originate from. Like all the other Akatsuki, his intentions were unclear.

But considering how unorganized the Akatsuki have been, it wouldn't be surprising if Kakuzu tried gathering more power. It was expected considering that the Akatsuki were quickly crumbling.

Each member being taken down after another.

Stamping his foot on the large branches on the tree, Kakashi thought deeply about the encounter that he was about to do. This mission was dangerous - a single misstep and he'd die a horrible, but lame death.

It's clear that the others have already been informed of the details. Kakashi thought, his face hidden behind two different masks. Kakashi had been repeatedly battling others so he would improve drastically.

When in battle, everything is put to the test; and this leads to the improvement that a person wants - the thing that they seek.

With his heart beating slowly, Kakashi was soon about to meet the border that split the Land of Fire and the Land of Waterfalls.

Hm? All the trees were cut down. Thought Kakashi, landing on the ground silently. The trees that should've been intact were all on the ground in pieces.

Walking closer to he logs, Kakashi observed them diligently.

They were already in this state from Naruto's meteor attack. But who tore them down? Could Kakuzu have walked passed here? If so... why all of this? As he continued to walk, Kakashi analyzed his surroundings with carefulness.

Always be on guard in case of potential danger. Suddenly Kakashi felt himself walk through something heavy as he progressed around.

Dust? The dust had a dark gray color that normally wouldn't be there.

Kakashi crouched down, his hand lowering alongside him. Picking up the dust, Kakashi took a feel of it to see the texture of the dust.

This isn't dust at all. The textures were different - it was rough that dust wouldn't normally have. This texture reminded him of something.

Sand... it's sand. He narrowed his eyes tightly. The only person who is alive right now that is able to wield sand was Gaara. But his sand had the normal color that sand usually is.

Taking a sniff, Kakashi realized why the sand was like this.

Iron is laced in the sand. The only person who had this was the Third Kazekage; but he's been dead for a long time now. Getting up from the ground, Kakashi knew this was going to be far more difficult than it was originally.

Blitzing away, a thought entered his mind.

A person who can wield the Iron Sand and Kakuzu are around the Land of Waterfalls. This'll be dangerous. Kakashi notioned to himself, making his way towards his destination.