i. discovery--starscream (g1)

f/b--favorite band

Driving is quite a bit of fun, now that you've finally got your license at the ripe old age of three days before turning 18. You can now drive to school, to the 7/11 at unholy hours of the night, and, to your greatest delight, drive out to that desert bit on the outskirts of town with that infamous volcano. 

You've never had too much of an interest in the Autobots or the Decepticons, that robot stuff isn't really for you. They were everywhere. The news talked about them, daytime TV complained about them, edgy teenagers on the internet crushed on them, it was so boring. Wasn't there anything else to talk about? Climate change, perhaps? The growing amount of vaccine skeptics?

... (a/n i use ellipses as time skips just for clarity)

It's the end of the school day and your boyfriend Eric said he wanted to talk to you as you left class, so you're now waiting for him on the bench in the back of the school where you always go to talk.

"Hey, glad you made it," Eric approaches you. He sits down next to you. "So, I have something kind of big to tell you. But you have to promise not to get mad, okay?"

"You can tell me anything," you nod. 

"Uh, where do I start," Eric looks away. "It seems that my...interest has wandered."

You knit your eyebrows in confusion for a second until you realize what he's implying. 

"What do you mean? Do you want to break up or something?" you ask your partner.

"Well, I mean if you want to put it like that, I guess," Eric looks away. 

"So?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Y/n, we need to break up."

You nod, get up, and walk over to your car without a look and silently drive out to the desert, where you park by a patch of trees and cry leaning on a log. It's not like you were even going to go out with your friends later, but now you are even more unwilling to go. 

You should have known that something would actually come up when not 10 minutes after you cancelled on your friends because "something came up", plane noises got abnormally loud and then it transformed...like 50 feet away from you. And you're pretty sure it saw you. It saw your car, at least. 

So anyway, you're hiding behind a massive rock and some boulders from an actual transformer that may or may not kill you. 

You wish you could do something, but you're not sure if the robot can hear you or smell you or detect your stress hormones, so you just stay frozen in your position. The robot is close enough now that you can hear the footsteps and a small voice that's telling you to "come out, fleshling!"

"Jesus christ," you mouth to yourself and try to figure out what to do. 

"Where are you, fleshling? I know you're there!" the transformer's voice gets louder. The footsteps get incredibly loud and then the tip of the transformer's wing appears a few feet next to you. 

There is no use in going anywhere now. You are absolutely fuc--

"Ah, there you are, fleshling," the red optics of...you glance at his chest...a decepticon. You swallow, unable to look away or move at all. You're just frozen.

"What's wrong with you? Don't you know how to bow?" the decepticon scoffs. 

"I...," you trail off. No coherent thoughts can form in your head. 

"Well?"

"Bow?" you ask. "Wha-no."

"Hm," the decepticon studies you. "You look decently scared, though. Why do you not bow?"

"I don't...I'm sorry?" you cock your head to the side. "I don't know who you are."

"Then why do you tremble like that?"

"Because my boyfriend broke up with me," you say the first thing that comes to your mind.

"Why do I even waste my time with you flesh creatures?" the decepticon huffs. 

"Well damn, I'm a little offended," you mutter without thinking. "Who are you, anyway?"

"Don't think I won't hurt you, human! I am Starscream of the decepticons!"

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖐 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊❗ 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖆 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 2

love you guys :)