lxiii. time--jim root part 3

content warning for heavy amounts of bullshit

indulge in some jim root content :)

Jim won't lie to himself, he regrets not going further than a makeout in the museum office. Considering the tour (and the fact that he's a man), he wanted to do more. It's not like he'd ejaculate and evacuate, anyway. Jim is hung the fuck up on you. He can manage on whacking off for the few more shows left, though.

What Jim didn't expect upon returning to the tour schedule is how often he wanted to talk to you again. Almost every day, Jim manifests some privacy during a cigarette break to call you.

Meanwhile, you feel the same, though with some reservations about how the relationship is going. Long distance has always been difficult for you as an affection-oriented person, so you worry that this is a rocky start to a relationship.

But all the reservations are pushed aside whenever you answer your phone and hear Jim's voice. You can't wait to hear it in person again.

Three months later

"Hey there, sugar," Jim kills his cigarette under his boot and kisses you as you throw your arms around him.

"Sugar"? James Root has never called anyone "sugar" in his life. What the fuck was that? Of the multitudes of pet names he could call you, the only one he could find in his mind's archive is "sugar". As he's inclined to do, Jim overthinks the entire way back to the Houdini Mansion.

"We've still got it for a few weeks before the lease expires and my place looks like shit," Jim chuckles.

"I'm down with it."

Jim takes you around the mansion for a while. You have little encounters with his bandmates Chris and Paul, but choose not to introduce yourself with any relationship to Jim, just that you're there with him. 

You're dragged into a final room filled with gear and various toys.

"Technically this is Clown's room, but we all fuck around in it when he's not here," Jim chuckles as you sit on an amp case. 

"No doubt," you nod, glancing at a corner where a few of Jim's guitars are lazily thrown on stands or leaning against the wall. "Seems like you spend a good amount of quality time in here."

"Oh, you know it," Jim leans on a hand he places next to your thigh. He cannot help an indulgent glance down at your legs. 

"Getting distracted?" you raise an eyebrow and lean back on a hand behind you. 

"Just a bit," the guitarist looks away. You put two fingers under his chin to pull his face to yours so you can softly kiss him. Jim get the confidence to deepen the kiss and hold your waist as he pulls you closer to him. He escalates as his hands roam about your body while your fingers thread into his hair and lightly pull it. 

With your encouragement, your guitarist falls onto his knees and starts to pleasure you. You keep one hand in his hair to pull it with every repeated lick and suck. 

Then, there's a sound at the door as a woman pokes her head into the room. 

"Hey, Sha--oh, shit," she hums. 

"Yess?" you look over at her with your head tipped back, keeping a fierce grip in Jim's hair so he keeps going. 

The woman slams the door closed to leave you alone with Jim again. He looks up at you, trying to bite back a smile. You sober up and release your companion's hair so both of you can lose your minds laughing. 

...

Three days later, you're talking with Jim in the kitchen during a snack break from lifting boxes around to help him move out. 

"I think my boss is trying to indirectly flirt with you through me," you chuckle, looking at a text from your boss. 

"What the fuck?" Jim laughs and looks over your shoulder at the the text, which reads "Y/n, does your boyfriend still have that long rockstar hair? Tell him I think it's cool"

"He wants you, man, I don't know what to tell ya."

"What's goin on in here?" a voice calls from behind you and Jim. You look over your shoulder to see the woman who caught Jim giving you head in Shawn's instrument room. 

"Oh my fucking god," you mutter. Jim looks down and nervously massages his neck.

You turn around and approach the woman. "I'm Y/n. Nothing sketchy is going on, I'm his partner."

"I'm Stacy," the woman's lips curl into a small smile. "I'm with Mick."

"It's good to meet you. I really am sorry if seeing what you did put a bad taste in your mouth," you say. 

"It's okay, hun. I get it. You're not the only one who's gotten head in Shawn's room," Stacy winks. "It's kind of a rite of passage, so welcome to the family!"

Jim shakes his head, knowing that this is the beginning of you and Stacy becoming close. He also knows that Mick and Corey are gonna start smirking at him even more now. They figured something was up when he was in higher spirits, but now they know exactly what's up.

You go to your hotel a few hours later for the night, then go back the next day. The morning is decently productive with moving boxes, but when Jim leaves to drop the boxes off at his place, your boss calls you to let you know the deadline for a grant application has been moved up and you need to get it done within the next week. So, you settle yourself down at the island in the kitchen and start typing. 

About 45 minutes later, Jim gets back to the mansion. Once he finds you, he wraps his arms around your shoulders from behind you and rests his chin on your left shoulder. 

"Whatcha doing there?" he hums. 

"Writing a grant app," you reply, pressing a little kiss into his fluffy hair. 

"I thought you still had a while to get it done."

"Not anymore. The deadline got moved up."

"Well that's bullshit," Jim dramatically huffs.

"I know," you chuckle. "But if I'm groveling to the government for money, I guess it's fitting that I do it on their time."

Jim laughs at your joke before giving you a squeeze and a kiss on the cheek. "I'll leave you to it, sweetheart." 

The guitarist leaves you alone in the kitchen, only to see Mick leaning on the threshold with a smirk. 

"Oh, shit, Jimbo, that was pretty cute of you," he mutters, walking with Jim down the hall. 

"Shut it," Jim rolls his eyes. 

"So, Stacy saw you with someone in Shawn's room, is that...that person?"

Jim looks away and mumbles a yes. 

"What was that?" Mick leans closer to his friend. 

"Fucking hell, yes it is."

"Is it the same person you always talked to on your cigarette breaks?"

"Mh-hm."

"Whoa, shit, you really like 'em then."

"That I do," Jim smiles. 

...

ending it there ig

i feel like theres a lot more i could have done with this series, so lmk if you want more of it!

thanks so much for reading and for supporting this book yall and requests are also open