xl. recovery--paul gray (slipknot)

huge shoutout to 

Thank you so much for your request!

Paul Gray thinks your recovery is the coolest thing. He's so proud of you for challenging yourself and getting through struggles, and he feels so honored that you've been vulnerable with him throughout the journey. He knows that meals still take tolls on you and he's learned that you do like a little bit of encouragement and praise after eating. He loses his mind when you wear crop tops or form fitting clothes because godDAMN you look good as hell when your clothes hug your body enough to show the fluffiness around you. 

Paul has also acquired a lot of cooking skills in your recovery. Early in the process, it used to give you a lot of anxiety to cook full meals for yourself, so Paul offered to pick up the slack and cook for you as much as he could. 

Boy, did he deliver. He used to stay up late to watch cooking tutorials and order better cooking equipment to make better food for you. After all, eating bad food wasn't going to help your recovery. 

His current interest is appetizer boards, y'know like the arrays of cheese and fruit and crackers on a cutting board that looks like it was made by an elf with healing powers. 

Paul has spent about an hour in the kitchen making you a charcuterie board, not allowing you to see what he was working on. Now he's prowling about the apartment to find you until he spots you reading in the bedroom.

Target acquired.

He scurries up to you. "Hey! Hey, Y/n! I have something for you!"

"What is it?" you raise an eyebrow. 

"You gotta come with me," Paul takes the book from you and lays it on the nightstand. 

"Alright?" you follow your boyfriend through the apartment. 

"Okay, I've been doing a lot of research on these, and I noticed you haven't had a snack yet today, so I thought you might want to try this out with me," Paul offers as he shows you the menagerie of food spread on and around a cutting board. 

"I'm impressed," you smile. "It looks amazing."

"You think so?" Paul's eyes light up. 

"I do," you kiss the bassist's cheek, leaning forward and snagging a chocolate covered almond.

In all honesty, the massive array of food creates instant anxiety for you. It's just so much

...but something about the combination of Paul Gray's excited smile and the fact that you are actually hungry makes you warm up to the board, enough to sit on the counter next to it and start munching on some crackers. Paul immediately joins you while leaning against the counter. 

...

It's been at least three hours since Paul first put that food board out and there is still a good third of it left. 

"Sure would be a shame if this went to waste," you mutter to yourself as you enter the kitchen, alerting Paul of your presence from the other room. 

You dance a bit to the music blaring through your earbuds as you snack on the board. 

Paul cannot help but admire you. You're so happy. So beautiful and carefree. This must be the moment he's been waiting for in your recovery. This is a taste of pure food freedom and confidence in being you. 

Your bassist has never been so sure that you deserve all the worship he can muster. You have worked relentlessly for this and you deserve this moment. 

No one tell him that you did see his lovesick gaze. No one also tell him it gave you a boost of confidence.

...

recovery feat. paul gray!!!!!