xlvii. tattoos--joey jordison (slipknot)

You've got your sketchbook in your lap and you're drawing with multicolored pens next to Joey. 

He slides his hand onto your thigh and gives it a gentle squeeze while keeping his gaze on the TV. In response, you draw a little heart on his hand, noticing how easily the ink glides onto his skin. 

You smile to yourself as an idea creeps in. Joey doesn't have tattoos, he doesn't and never has really liked them, but maybe he'd like some temporary ones his partner drew on, right?

"Would you mind if I drew on you?" you ask. 

"Go ahead," Joey smiles at you. 

You replace your sketchbook with your boyfriend's arm and begin to doodle a biomechanical tattoo, starting at the wrist joint. As your lines move up Joey's hand, you move to rub off the heart you put there before. 

"No no, don't rub it off," Joey mutters. 

"But it's gonna fuck up the drawing."

"I like it, though," his blue eyes gaze into yours.

"Alright, it will stay," you nod, melting at his expression. 

Joey hums in contentment as you keep drawing, watching you as you make every precise line. He knows not to disturb you while you're drawing, no matter how much he may want to just grab you and love on you. No, he must resist the urge. So he patiently sits still as the pen continues to stroke his skin. 

You continue to work while holding Joey's arm in progressively weirder positions as you need to connect both sides of the drawing. 

30 minutes later, you seem to have run out of room on this arm. 

"Oh, I'm done," you say.

"You seem disappointed," Joey tucks a bit of hair behind your ear. 

"I just expected there to be a bit more real estate," you shrug, capping your pens. 

"Okay then," Joey pulls his shirt up and over his head. "Here, is this enough?"

You straighten your back and blush a bit, not only because Joey looks...fucking great leaning back shirtless, but also because of the sweet gesture. "Yes, it is. Thank you."

"Of course," Joey smiles warmly, ruffling your hair before pulling your face closer to his for a kiss. 

...

A few hours later, Corey, Paul, and Jim walk into the living room where you're leaning over Joey's shirtless torso, straddling one of his thighs with one hand pushing his stomach down. 

"Sit fucking still," you admonish. 

"I'm trying, it tickles," Joey squirms. 

"What's going on in here?" Corey smirks and crosses his arms. 

"I'm getting drawn on," Joey tries to lift his head and chest, only to get pushed right back against the back of the couch. 

"Are you sure you're just getting drawn on?" Jim snickers. 

"Yes, I'm very sure," Joey confirms. 

"Yeah he is," you turn to look at the three men. "I appreciate his service."

"Can we see what you've drawn?" Corey asks as you get off Joey. 

"Yeah, it's just a biomech arm and a few doodles on his chest."

Jim, Paul, and Corey all deeply study the tattoos. 

"Can I get some?" Corey asks.

"There's not much room on you," you raise an eyebrow. 

"I still want them."

"I do too," Paul adds. 

"I kind of want some too," Jim smiles.

You look at Joey, who's giving you an encouraging smile. 

"Fine, but only on your arms," you give in. 

...

lil short one for you all!

might adapt this for the slipknot kidnap book too so lmk if you wanna see that 

thanks so much for reading! <3