ridiculous crossover episode v

just...have fun with this one

y/s/n: your superhero name

Slipknot x avengers crossover

"I love Led Zepplin!"

"They've been exposed to some bizarre radiation. We need to keep them here for the time being until we can figure out what's going on," Bruce hums.

"Oh no...," you mutter sarcastically, excited to have your favorite band in your care. 

...

A few hours later into the evening, Jim Root wakes up quite disoriented in his bed. You notice his stirring as you're rewiring something in your mechanical arm. 

"Hey, you're okay," you jump off the table you're sitting on and approach the guitarist's bed. "You're safe here. You're at the Avengers' compound."

It takes the man a few seconds to register you in front of him until his hazel eyes meet yours. 

"Oh my god," he swallows. 

"It's alright, I'm not gonna hurt you," you raise your hands slightly. 

"Cyborg Avenger?"

You push closed the compartment on your right arm, suddenly very aware of your multiple robotic joints and the metal plate running from the side of your face down to your back. "Yeah, that's...that's me."

"Awesome," Jim's eyes fill with awe. "What's your name?"

"Y/s/n," you reply.

"I'm James," the barely conscious man smiles.

"I know you are," you chuckle. "Slipknot is my favorite band."

"A metal person likes a metal band?" Jim gasps.

"Yes," you smile. "Anyway, how are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

You spend the next few hours tending to the members of Slipknot while repairing your own arm. Bruce and a few others saunter in to check on you and meet the guys. 

...

The next day, Slipknot is in the lounge when you walk in. 

"Hey, it's our savior!" Corey exclaims.

"It was a joint effort," Peter Parker huffs as he trails in behind you, immediately walking toward the fridge to get a drink. 

"That is true, it was," you nod. "He gets a good amount of the credit."

"Hm, who is he?" Mick Thomson muses, scanning Peter from his seat at the counter across from the fridge. 

"I'm Peter."

"He's asking what your schtick is," Shawn corrects. 

"I was bitten by a radioactive spider, which increases my strength, agility, gives me extra sensory perception, I can stick to walls, and shoot webs," Peter motions to the web shooters on his wrist. 

"He also is a total nerd and a prodigy but that's whatever," you shrug, taking a seat next to Jim. 

"Really?"

Thus begins a lovely interrogation where Peter shoots you a worried glance every once in a while as you talk with Jim. It's all fun and games until Peter is asked what kind of music he likes, and if, by chance, he is a fan of a metal band called Slipknot.

You know he's not. You're a die hard rock and metal fan, having grown up around alternative music all your life. You are the resident alt connoisseur (even Tony admits it). 

"I'd say I do like hard rock. Mr. Stark plays it all the time," Peter replies. 

A few minutes later, Sid has figured out how to connect his phone to the sound system in the room and starts blaring "Back in Black" by AC/DC.

"Oh, yeah, I love Led Zepplin!" Peter grins. Your face falls into your hands in shame.

"Oh my god," Corey mutters. "I thought you would've taught him better, Y/n."

"I've played the music for him, but it's not like he ever learned the name of the songs," you scoff. "Peter, this isn't Led Zepplin. This is an AC/DC song called Back in Black."

"What does AC/DC stand for?" the brunette asks. 

"Stop talking," you shake your head. 

"Okay, we're gonna do this right. We are going to educate you on this shit," Corey declares. 

About an hour later, "Enter Sandman" is playing to start off Metallica's black album. You've since gotten up to headbang and dance with Sid, Corey, Jim, and Shawn. 

"EXXIIIIIIIIT LIIIIGHTSSS!" you belt out with Corey. "EENNNNTEEEER NIIIIIGHT!"

You reach out your hand to the singer for "TAAKE MY HAND!" and pull him abruptly towards you for "WE'RE OFF TO NEVERNEVERLAND!"

Peter had never seen you so happy and carefree before, and though the music didn't totally click with him, he could still respect the fact that it took your walls down just a bit to get a glimpse of you

And maybe he could use a nice headbanging session.

Eventually, Sid gets drunk with Shawn, Mick just goes to an unoccupied room, and the other members of Slipknot are tiredly hanging out with you and Peter in the lounge, and there's a lot of vulnerability coming out. It's certainly interesting for Peter to talk about his deep layers of guilt and the complex tangles of his emotions to a soundtrack of Tool and Amon Amarth. 

...

The 9 members recover over the next three days, each day spent trailing behind you and Peter. You listen to music, noodle around on instruments in the music room, play video games, and do whatever to keep each other entertained. 

However, the mission of educating Peter on music persists. He begins to really like grunge especially, and old school punk also becomes a favorite of his. 

...

clearing out my drafts here, i'm not too huge a fan of how i execute this idea so i might remaster it later