viii. stars--khonshu part 2

It's been three weeks and you have been unable to keep Khonshu out of your head. Maybe he's doing that on purpose.

The next full moon isn't for another week and you've been figuring that a whole moon rotation would be the perfect amount of time to decide, but you know now. 

You want to be the Moon Knight. You're a senior in high school planning to take a gap year, anyway. You can handle it. 

Well...how to summon a moon god? Look deeply into the moon? 

...

It's been twenty minutes and no amount of looking at constellations has helped. 

"Uh...Khonshu?" you ask out loud. 

"Hello there," Khonshu appears in your room a few feet behind you. You flinch and let out a little "eek!", not expecting the sudden response.

I assume you have made your decision.

"Indeed I have," you nod. 

And what is the verdict?

"You can read your mind."

Yes, but you need to verbally confirm.

"You want my consent? Damn, that's nice," you try to smirk, but it morphs into a smile a bit too fast for your liking. "Alright then--Khonshu, I'll be your avatar."

Yes! That's it! Ah, Y/n, this is going to be quite amazing.

"Okay, keep it in your pants, bud--" you're cut off as the god disappears into a cloud of fog and you feel a rush of energy inside of you. It concentrates in your heart, then explodes into your body. It's hot and cold and makes your whole body shiver and stumble back.

You collect yourself, looking around and catching something in the reflection of the full body mirror on your wall.

"Whoa."

You study your suit in the mirror, made of light gray strips that are surprisingly breathable, soft, and comfortable. Your face is covered in the same material and your eyes glow white, concealed under your gray hooded cloak. 

Time to kick ass.

...

short and sweet but i'm going to make this a series so be on the lookout for more!

thanks for reading :)