xi. secure--SCP-049 part one

scp-049 x neko!reader

The last thing you remember is being shot in the arm with a colorful little dart from your comfortable spot in the tree.

You fully return to consciousness in a gray interrogation room, wearing a soft black jumpsuit with your hands cuffed to the metal table in front of you. The room is unbearably cold. 

"Okay, I can explain," you raise what you can of your hands up in front of you. 

"You can?" a man sits down across the table with a file folder. Glancing into the folder, you see records of a medical scan, notes about your physique, and pictures of the scars on your arm from when you escaped from the facility that made you. 

"Yes, I promise I can. I've just been looking for places to live, I promise. Any disturbance I caused I didn't mean to."

"You've not done anything. You are simply what we would call and anomaly," the man hums. "This is the SCP foundation."

"Hmm?"

"Well, you are a rather...abnormal being and this foundation's mission is to contain you in order to prevent you and the public from being mutual dangers to one another."

"Appreciate it," you reply flatly.

"We still need to do some tests on you and find a holding cell for you for the next few days in order to determine your containment class, but is there anything you need for now?"

"It'd be nice to not be handcuffed."

"Unfortunately, we cannot do that. We aren't exactly sure how potentially dangerous you are," the man's tone is blunt as he looks back down at the manila folder. 

"We?" I raise an eyebrow, looking around the room until my gaze finds a mirror behind me. Double-sided, no doubt. "Am I being kept in prison?"

"That depends on your containment class."

A week later...

Your containment class has been put at "Safe" since you've been so cooperative with the SCP staff, so that's nice. It allows you extra freedoms to roam about the site and even some outdoor time, something you're more than happy to take advantage of in the beginning of fall. 

It's about 8 in the evening and you're walking down the hall, past the familiar plexiglass wall. You can feel the plague doctor's gaze on you and you stop. 

"Do you need something?" you inquire. You've heard mixed reviews about the Euclid SCP and take a cautious step back form the plexiglass as the doctor pads over to you. 

"Hm," he studies you, the tip of his beak moving as he looks you up and down. 

"What's going on here?" a researcher trots over to you. You shrug in confusion and the researcher smacks the plexiglass as he grabs your hand and leaves the hall. SCP-049 doesn't stop looking at you as you're pulled down the hall. 

You seem to be cured of the Pestilence. He cannot sense it in you. 

Fascinating. 

...

thanks for reading! i hope you liked it because i have a feeling i'm going to have far too much fun with this series :)