lxx. his mom--wesley crusher (star trek: tng)

"It's gonna be fine, she already loves you," Wesley tries to reassure you as you nervously switch out your jewelry for the third time. 

"Are you sure?" you ask, desperately trying to control your breathing. 

"Y/n," Wesley stalks next to you in front of your full body mirror. He wraps an arm around your waist and places two fingers under your chin to prompt you to face him. "I promise it's going to be okay. She's only heard good things about you and she's excited to actually talk to you for once." 

Something about Wesley's touch and the way he pulls you in to kiss you calms the overwhelming noise in your head to a quiet murmur. As he pulls away, he drops his hand from your face and moves the other one from your waist to hold your hand. 

"You ready?" he quietly asks. 

"As ready as I'll ever be," you reply. 

Wesley grabs your bag and hands it to you, then you walk down to Ten Forward. He gives you hand a reassuring squeeze as you enter the restaurant, which has its familiar buzz of voices and activity. Dr. Crusher is already at a table, sitting on the booth side and sipping on a drink. She smiles as she notices you and Wesley. As you start the walk over to the table with your boyfriend, a small voice calls out your name. 

"Hm?" you look around until you see Katie, an about 8 year old kid walking up to you.

"Hey, sweetheart!" you smile and crouch down to give her a hug. "It's good to see you, it's been forever."

"I know," she replies as she lets you go. "I got a guitar!"

"You did? We'll have to jam sometime," you smile, noticing Wesley already at the table. "Hey, kiddo, I gotta go, but we'll totally meet up sometime, alright?"

"Mh-hm!" Katie nods before running back to her family. 

You sit down at the table with Wesley and Dr. Crusher and your boyfriend hands you a glass of water. 

"Thank you," you smile. 

"Who was that?" Dr. Crusher asks, nodding toward where Rose just was.

"Oh, that's Katie," you answer. "Do you remember like a year and a half ago when the Aldeans kidnapped a lot of us and we were stuck on their planet for a few days?"

"Vividly."

"Well, while all that was happening, Katie and I stayed with the family who were musicians and Wesley and I modified one of their instruments into a guitar, and I'd play music for all the kids when we'd gather together in the evenings. Katie really liked it the most, so I taught her a few things on guitar. I think it's a bit unfortunate that her first introduction to it was me playing 'No Surprises' by Radiohead, but the inspiration to be a musician can come from anywhere."

"You played 'No Surprises' for a group of children?" Dr. Crusher looks a little aghast. 

"In all fairness, I played happier music when we were alone. I just switched to sadder songs when an Aldean would walk in so we all looked miserable."

"I'll say, I had never heard a Radiohead song until that day, so it wasn't just new for them," Wesley adds in. 

"I knew something changed in you after that day," Dr. Crusher jokes. 

"Sorry about that," you chuckle. 

"So, Y/n, are you a musician?"

"It's just a hobby. I'm a guitarist by trade, but I'm learning bass. I can't write original songs or anything, though."

"I like that. It takes a lot of discipline to learn an instrument. I could never get Wesley to do it," the doctor smirks. 

"Mom," Wesley interjects. "Come on. At least I could do math."

"For the record, I learned guitar and I could do math," you smile proudly and lean back. 

"Mmm...?" Wesley hums doubtfully. 

"Oh shut it, I could do math at slightly above the developmentally average level, which I understand is mere dust beneath prodigy Wesley Crusher's feet, but it was good enough for me," you laugh as you correct yourself. You're internally relieved as Dr. Crusher laughs with you. 

The next twenty or so minutes are spent talking and occasionally laughing with Wesley and his mom. You know Dr. Crusher is a sweet woman, but you're genuinely surprised that her reception toward you is overwhelmingly positive. 

Eventually, the conversation steers toward your relationship with Wesley. It's an inevitable topic during these meetings, but it reups your anxiety. 

You let Wesley take over most of it until he is elected to grab the table's tray of cookies and warm drinks from the replicator. 

"So you've been a bit quiet, Y/n," Dr. Crusher notes when Wesley is out of earshot. 

"I know, I'm just nervous, I'm sorry," you look away. 

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No, Doctor. I...I honestly absolutely adore your son. I think he's incredible. He is the most brilliant, resourceful, creative person I've ever met and I'm frankly so lucky I'm dating him," you gush a bit. "He's amazing and he makes me want to be a better person."

A smile spreads across the woman's face. "First of all, you can call me Beverly if you like. Second, that's the sweetest thing ever. He loves you back just as much, though, I promise. He still smiles like an idiot the day after a date with you. I remember when you first started going out, he'd blush whenever anyone mentioned your name."

Loves you?

You blush slightly at the thought and hope it doesn't show through your makeup. You've dated for a few months, but both of you have been hesitant to outright say that you love each other yet. 

"Wait, so you're not going to give me that weird speech about killing me if I break his heart or whatever?" you half joke.

"Oh, I absolutely would. But I trust that you wouldn't hurt him on purpose and that you treat him well."

Wesley comes back as if on cue, gently placing the tray of mugs and a plate of cookies on the table before sitting back down next to you. 

You, Wesley, and his mom all talk for another hour or so before she announces that she is quite tired and needs to go to bed. 

"It was wonderful to meet you, Y/n," she smiles. "You two take care tonight."

As Beverly leaves, Wesley nudges you with his elbow as he grins. "See? I told you it was gonna be okay."

You roll your eyes and chuckle a bit, "Yeah, yeah, my anxiety's a bitch."

Your boyfriend laughs with you as you get up to leave Ten Forward. He walks with you to your quarters, then you convince him to stay with you to at least watch a movie with you. 

You cuddle with him on your bed as the movie starts, focusing less on the movie than you are on him. He's so pretty and he doesn't even realize it. Wesley notices you staring after a few minutes and gives you a little smile before kissing your forehead and reaching under the fabric of your shirt to slowly rub your back. 

As the movie continues, you find yourself thinking more about what Beverly said. 

"I love you," you mutter as you cuddle closer to your boyfriend.

Wesley pauses for half a second, and it makes you panic since you think you've fucked up. But he soon holds you tightly, kissing your cheek as he squeezes you. 

"I love you too, Y/n," he whispers. "I love you so much."

...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i got one more wesley crusher one shot and then we got more slipknot stuff again <3