xli. back again?--knockout x oc

a/n: trying something new! never written for someone else's oc so we'll see how this goes.

requested by  

Many Cybertronians would think Crossflare is a bit out of her mind for searching for energon on the Harbinger ship, but she needs to survive somehow. Besides, she didn't ask for anyone's opinion. 

It's always nice to drop in and see Knockout, too. He has the good waxing products to keep Crossflare's beloved paint job perfect and he's an in for amazing gossip. 

Crossflare slinks through the halls, taking all the correct turns down into the storage level where she discovers a few conveniently placed energon cubes in the threshold of the main storage unit. She snags them before heading off to the med bay.

"Well, hey there, Crossflare," Knockout smirks as his friend arrives. "Stealing more energon, are we?"

"Yep. You know my grind," Crossflare nods, moving over to the desk where Knockout's waxing products are stacked neatly. "Anything interesting happening lately?"

"Airachnid and Megatron have a concerning amount of sexual tension," the medic begins. "I think she's trying to use him, personally. The only one she'd possibly be into is Arcee and we all know it."

"I think you have too much faith in an enemies to lovers arc," she shakes her helm as she begins to spread some wax over a scratched area on the crook of her neck. "And why do you think Airachnid isn't truly into Megatron? I think he's a decent catch."

"You need your helm checked, Crossflare."

Crossflare rolls her eyes as she reaches onto her back plates for another scratch to take care of. 

"Here, I'll help you," Knockout walks over to his companion, snags some wax, and begins to rub it on a massive gash in two of Crossflare's plates. 

She must admit that the sudden contact makes the fire pattern conjure itself onto her sides. He is a medic, it should be no surprise to her that Knockout has a gentle touch. Crossflare supposes no amount of predicting how someone's touch feels can actually prepare her for how it feels in execution. 

Still, it feels nice that someone's taking some amount of care of her. 

Oh, shit. That was unexpectedly vulnerable. The fire pattern flashes brighter for a second. 

A few minutes later, Crossflare has to sneak away when an injured Decepticon comes into the med bay.

...

Crossflare sits herself comfortably against a boulder to watch the remaining third of the sunset while she reflects on the day. It still brings a visceral reaction to remember how Knockout ran his digits across her back in such a gentle and calculated motion, perfected by years of experience in his trade. She'd always had a soft spot for Knockout since he's been a constant source of support and companionship, but what happened today felt somewhat different. 

Crossflare shakes her helm. The amount of mental gymnastics required to find a romantic undertone in putting wax on a scratch in a paint job is insane. Knockout just has medic instincts.

Her moment of peace is interrupted by the sound of some shuffling behind her. 

She stands up, turning around to scan her surroundings. She can detect some mechanical whirring...somewhere. 

The femme takes a few cautious steps farther from the boulders, staying as stealthy as possible. 

Suddenly, a small figure runs out from a cluster of bushes, firing a few rounds from a machine gun at her. The sudden onslaught distracts her from more men coming close to her, shooting more powerful missiles.

Crossflare is quick to adjust, though, and uses her sword to cut down some trees and cause a decently sized fire. She fights off a few small humans and is able to put some room between her and her attackers until a very large projectile is launched at her. It starts to emit small bolts of electricity until it lands beside the femme. 

The men stop around her. 

Another one is launched. 

Then they both explode in a massive fireworks show of painful bolts that work themselves under her plates and into her circuitry.

The femme is able to resist the pain until the voltage comes back more powerful, forcing her onto the ground. 

"Ungh," Crossflare groans in pain. Her sword is yards away from her and the device successfully severed a wire in her back which allows her to move her legs. She's just paralyzed. 

The world is quickly fading away. Everything is going to black despite Crossflare's efforts. 

...

"The sedative should be wearing off now...are you waking up?" a familiar smooth accent inquires. 

Knockout?

Crossflare can't bring herself to speak, but she can feel her extremities twitch back to life. 

"Crossflare?" Knockout hums. "Come on, wake up, alright?"

A servo with a familiar touch wraps itself around the femme's hand. She curls her own fingers around it. 

"Please, come on," the medic repeats. 

Oh! Crossflare can move her optics. She can open them! Just to see the familiar white face.

"Knockout," the femme rasps. The medic tightly embraces her. 

"I thought they'd killed you..."

"Me too," Crossflare chuckles.

"No. I genuinely thought I'd lost you," Knockout pulls away from the hug. "I'd not be able to live with myself if they took you away."

Crossflare pauses. 

"Listen, Crossflare, I've very few other ways to say this, but I care about you...probably far more than I should," Knockout flicks his gaze away. "You don't have to respond with anything, but I just love that I know you and that you spend time with me, and frankly I just think you're the best femme I've ever met."

"I think your feelings are mutual," Crossflare smiles a bit, leaning up to kiss Knockout on the side of his faceplate. 

...

i really hope you liked it, man!