ridiculous crossovers episode vii

fuck you i'm doing a star trek and slipknot crossover. this is how self care looks for me. (i need to get this idea out of my head even if it lives in my drafts forever)

in this one the reader's love interest is wesley crusher AND the reader is alt!!!111!!

LETS FUCKING GO IM ABOUT TO SPIT SOME HIGH QUALITY SCIFI BULLSHIT ATCHA RAAAAAAAAA

Picard, Riker, and the Counselor have given up on telling you to look more professional. They've accepted your piercings, makeup, and tattoos. They've even learned to appreciate the makeup looks and your creativity with the accessories you put on your uniform. It was no surprise to anyone when you got a bridge piercing a month ago. You'd wanted it since you started working on the Enterprise, and Wesley finally got you to just get it done. Riker was not very pleased with it, but it's not like anything he says will influence you. 

...

"What's going on? The ship shook like it was a goddamn earthquake," you walk onto the Bridge for your shift. 

"We hit a time warp, go figure," Wesley replies from his navigation desk. 

"Oh, so like what happened two months ago?" 

"Not really," Riker says as you sit at your navigation desk. "What planet do you see up ahead, L/n?"

You pause as you look out the main viewer. "Holy shit. That's earth."

"Mh-hm," Riker nods. "In 2004."

"2004?" you raise your eyebrows.

"Yeah, look, there's the ISS!" Wesley points out the station on the right side of the viewer, floating over earth. 

"And more importantly, there's a Romulan ship around here as well," Picard adds. 

"Right, right," you nod. 

"Activate all scans to find the cloaked ship. I want to know where it is all the time."

You and Wesley obey, turning on all the scanners you can to find the ship. It's facing your ship while sitting slightly to the right. 

"Have they hailed us or anything like that?" you ask Wesley.

"Nothing. It's just sitting there. It's been sitting there for like half an hour."

"Hm," you mutter. "And they haven't beamed anyone down to earth?"

"Why would they? What could the Romulans possibly need from earth 300 years ago?" Riker asks.

You ponder for a moment, even looking to Wesley for help until it clicks. 

"I recently watched this documentary about this, uh, this distorted metal shit that was created in Chernobyl when all the radiation damaged the steel in the power plant. The last of it decayed into just, really weird gamma radiation metal in the early 2000s. It was considered dangerous on earth, but lots of other radiation resistant species actually used the same stuff and it's important in religious jewelry and some types of reactors. Might have something to do with that."