xxxix. recovery--corey taylor

a/n: trigger warning for mentions of ED, ED thoughts, and body changes

You ordered some clothes a few weeks ago when you first noticed the immense changes in your body. You've been through some intense treatment for an ED and you look so different. Your body is thicker and fuller, with some stretch marks here and there. 

And because of it, none of your clothes fit anymore. 

Corey's been loving it. He's been helping you follow your meal plan, he lets you wear his clothes, he loves how you look. You wear your body with more confidence and comfort in it as you continue to learn how to love and nourish the flesh vessel that's kept you alive so long. 

...he also must admit that your thighs are just immaculate, but that's honestly just a bonus point.

With a nervous breath, you peel Corey's hoodie off your body and unpack the first thing you see in the box: a stretchy long sleeved crop top. You look down at yourself for a brief moment, letting half of an insecure thought slip into your mind before you reach back in the box and grab a band shirt. 

You cycle through trying on different clothes until there's nothing left in the box. The only item you have yet to put on is the crop top. 

"I suppose it did look cute on the model," you mutter, taking the shirt in your hands and running your fingers over the fabric.

But you don't look like the model now, do you? The thought creeps in again. Maybe if you were--

"Stop," you plead, impulsively pulling on the shirt. It stretches to fit around your torso, not letting a single imperfection past. Your stomach is on full display. 

The thought of having to see yourself in the mirror makes your full body shudder in anxiety. 

Exposure therapy, right?

You peek over your shoulder to barely see your body filling up the shirt. 

Oh, it's not repulsive. 

Another glimpse.

Wait, it hugs your body really nicely. It looks kind of attractive with the high waisted pants you're wearing. 

Suddenly you bear a striking resemblance to those pretty thick alternative girls on the internet. 

"Hold on, let's do this right," you smile to yourself, running into the bathroom to draw on some eyeliner. 

Another look in the mirror. 

"We're getting there," you mumble. "Accessories."

The only way to describe how the scene looks is a Sailor Moon 90's transformation sequence, and it ends with you sneaking around the house to find Corey. He wouldn't want to miss you looking hot as hell right now.

You eventually find him in his music room study where he's strumming lazily on a guitar. 

Oh, shit, this is a bit nervewracking. Will Corey be okay with seeing your stretch marks?

"Hey," you tap your hand against the threshold with a little smile. 

"Oh my god," Corey swallows as he looks up at you. He immediately puts the guitar down and rushes to you, grabbing your hands as he admires you. "You look amazing. It's insane, oh my god. I love your new clothes! You're so beautiful."

You lower your head onto Corey's shoulder to hide your blush and shy smile. Corey squeezes your hands before he runs his own up your arms and hugging you tightly. 

"I'm so proud of you, Y/n," he mutters. "You've come so far."

"Thank you," you hold back tears, overwhelmed by all the validation you've just gotten. 

"Of course, you've worked so hard to earn this," Corey kisses your temple. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," you hold Corey tighter. 

...

shoutout to all my ED recovery icons! we've got this <3