xv. new--dewdrop (ghost b.c.)

a/n: im into the band ghost now so send requests for that if you like them too!

also experimenting with povs in this one so let me know how you feel about multi pov chaps like this

Something about wearing a sleek all black suit with nice dress shoes that hit the floor with a click while you stalk around the Ministry makes you feel so official. The halls are empty, allowing the clicks of your shoes echo throughout the building as you hum to yourself. 

You've met a few other ghouls and ghoulettes around, but you're still new, and on top of all the other stuff you have to do for Sister Imperator, you cannot speak English. At least, not well. It's just so far from your native language and new to you that it just hasn't clicked with you. You think it's for the best that you keep to yourself. 

Dewdrop would beg to differ. He's talked to you a couple times before, and though the conversations were short, he still loved getting to know you. He's enamored with your voice and the grace with which you carry yourself. You wear your suit and helmet so well. 

Okay, so he's developed a little hallway crush on you. Now what to do. The ghoul could go to Rain or Aether and ask what he should do about it, or he could go about this on his own. He helps everyone else he knows with their love lives, he's got this.

Oh, shit. you're right there, like walking towards him down the hall, humming to yourself. 

Opening line, what the hell do I say? Dewdrop panics internally as you look over at him. 

"Ah, Dewdrop," you say warmly as you reach into your pocket for a pick you found on the floor a few hours ago. You take a few steps closer to the ghoul and hold out your hand out with the small orange pick resting in your palm. "This is yours, right?"

Dewdrop pauses. "Uhh, it is. How did you know?" he cocks his head to the side, still processing that you're right there and at some point in time, you saw a plastic thing on the ground and immediately thought of him. 

You smile and flick the pick over with your thumb to show Dewdrop the little flame carved into it.

"Oh," Dewdrop chuckles and takes the pick from your hand. "Oops."

"Are you preoccupied right now?" you ask, dropping your hand and letting it clasp the other behind your back.

Dewdrop's back straightens. ...Practice can wait. Just for a bit.

"No," the fire ghoul smiles as he warms up a bit. 

"Could you-"you hesitate, not finding the words you want- "help me with something?" You squeeze your hands in embarrassment. 

Dewdrop's tail excitedly flicks and he nods as you explain to him that Sister Imperator's been giving you an insane amount of work to do and that you need help with sorting, doing paperwork, all that shit. You promise the ghoul you can pay him for his work as you reach your quarters. 

It doesn't take long for you and Dew to develop a nice system of sorting and filling out paperwork until your companion gets a call. 

"Satanas," Dewdrop swears as he looks at the caller ID. 

"Hm?" you look over your shoulder as the ghoul paces away from you. 

"Dewdrop, you missed practice," Cardinal Copia begins. "Hell's up with that?"

"Uh...I was preoccupied."

You don't mean to eavesdrop, but it doesn't take a specialized ghoul to realize Dewdrop's in trouble.