ix. stars--khonshu part 3

y/f/f--your favorite fandom

tw: guns and creepy men

So far, being Moon Knight has been boring. Khonshu isn't letting you do any actual heroing yet even though being his Avatar has given you his instincts and a newfound fighting ability. 

Tonight your parents are out of town for a wedding, so you have shooed everyone away for a you night. You're just chilling in your room, writing a wattpad fanfiction about y/f/f when Khonshu appears. 

"God man, you've gotta stop doing that, it scares the *swear* outta me," you huff and close your laptop. 

I have a proposition, Khonshu puts his hands together and points them to you, almost awkward in his stance.

"Oh?"

It is a full moon tonight, which means your powers will be enhanced. If you promise not to do anything stupid, I will let you go out and be my fist of vengeance.

Finally, some action! You grin and nod. 

You must be careful, Y/n.

"I'll be fine," you scoff and summon the suit. 

...

Okay, so maybe you're in a bit over your head. There are three armed men bigger than you surrounding you, an amateur superhero with rudimentary fighting experience.

Also you're in an alley.

You weren't careful...

 "Scared, little girl?" one of the men taunts. 

You swallow and slowly flick out a metal stick from your back. 

Make a move, you're not getting anywhere just standing there, Khonshu appears on the roof of a building.

Some instinct takes over, forcing your body to launch itself off the ground and deliver a powerful hit to the head to the man closest to your right. You jump off the now unconscious body and move onto the next man, blocking a few bullets from the others with your cape. One of the guys throws a knife at you, but you miraculously catch it and full send it back into his gut. This distraction lets another guy throw you off his shoulders and onto the ground. 

You're on your back. Vulnerable. *Swear*, that hurt.

Get up, damnit! Khonshu implores.

You look up...right into the barrel of a handgun.

*Swear*.

"Bye bye, sweetheart," the man audibly grins. By your own sheer force of will, you grip the gun and push it away as the man pulls the trigger, releasing a bullet into your shoulder. You only see it, though. You don't feel a thing. 

Thanks, Khonshu.

You pull yourself up by the man's arm as he helps you, picking you up. The dumbass just let you onto his shoulders. You grab a crescent from your chest and with the coolest instinctual maneuver tonight, shove it into the guy's gut while you're doing a front flip off his shoulders. You land perfectly on the balls of your feet, spreading the ends of your cape and lifting you into the sky so Khonshu can help you home. 

...

You're unexpectedly sore when you get home and recover by rubbing a cool damp washcloth over some barely bruised areas. 

Are you okay? Khonshu appears in your room.

"I mean, I guess," you shrug. 

Khonshu hums in doubt and leans his staff against your desk. 

I know it's jarring, Y/n. 

"To be honest, I'm not quite sure what I just did," you look away from the god, occupying yourself with plugging your phone in and grabbing a stick of gum. 

You're in shock. It'll set in later. Just give yourself time and take care of yourself, alright?

"Yeah," you nod. 

Khonshu lowers his beak, wondering if this was a good decision at all. He doesn't always have direct access to you and he supposes it's best not to interfere with your life, if only so that you're not isolated the way he was.

...

thank you for reading! I hope you liked it and let me know if you want a part four or if you have any requests :)