lxiv. hug--paul gray (slipknot)

a/n: yall i feel like so much has happened since i last checked in! with the whole jay getting kicked out of slipknot and everything that's come up about that and i've had a ton of personal shit going on 

anyway on with the one shot

As soon as you got home from work you fell asleep. It was just a 9-3 shift and you do them all the time, but being a retail worker as it gets closer to the holidays. A few customers got pissy with you, your feet hurt from standing for 5 and a half hours with only a 30 minute break, and mostly you're just spent from working 6 hour shifts every day for the week in preparation for the holidays. Mall jobs are no joke. 

About 30 minutes into your nap, Paul comes home and immediately checks on you. Seeing that you're asleep, he leaves you to it and goes into the living room to try to work on some songs. Joey had brought in an awesome chorus to the studio jam today and Paul really wants to do something with it. 

You eventually wake up three hours later. Leaving the room is a bit difficult since mostly you just want to go back to sleep, but it would be really nice to see Paul. 

"Morning, sweetheart," Paul smiles at you as he looks up from his bass.

"Hey," you run a hand through your hair as Paul stands up and approaches you. 

"Oh shit, your eyes are red. Have you been crying, hun?" he cups the side of your face with his hand and gently runs the pad of his thumb over your cheek. 

"A little bit, but I think my eyes are irritated because I fell asleep with my makeup on."

"Ah, okay," Paul gives you a little kiss. "Why were you crying?"

"Just a shitty day at work, y'know. Had a ton of entitled and rude customers and it kinda got to me."

"I'm sorry," your boyfriend hums. "Anything I can do to help?"

"A hug would be nice," you admit. 

"Of course," Paul pulls you into him and wraps his arms around you with no hesitation. He rubs your back, gently massaging away the stress. 

He's so warm and comfortable, which makes him wonderful to hug. You can feel his love surrounding you as he quietly reassures you that you're doing great and how much he loves you. 

Paul slowly lets go of you after a few minutes. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, that really helped. Thank you," you smile. 

"You're welcome, beautiful," Paul replies with a kiss on the forehead. "Are you hungry?"

...

got a short one for y'all

hey! do you mind staying for a bit?

How do you guys feel about series of one shots? i know that defeats the purpose of a one shot but i really like making series and about half the time when i make a one shot i end up making a series' worth of lore about it. Do y'all like when i do 3-4 parts for one idea or would you just prefer longer one shots? lmk!

thanks for reading <3