xxviii. influencers--joey jordison (slipknot)

a/n: i'm not sure how well this concept will play out, so if you want to you can totally skip this one. it's mostly self indulgent anyway lol

also! will be doing different povs for this one just for some practice in doing different stuff; lmk if you like it!

your pov

Joey and I are taking a nice walk late at night. We love to stalk about and pet the stray cats around and look at the stars. 

Mostly I like to hold onto him while he talks to me. His voice is so calming to me. 

I've just got my arm over my adorable metalhead husband's shoulders while I'm playing with his hair. 

"Oh my god, is that Tux?" Joey asks, leaning down to greet a stray tuxedo cat trotting up to us. 

"It is!" I add as I crouch down to pet the cat. "Hello, sir! How are you? We've missed you!"

"Come here," Joey picks Tux up and kisses the cat's head. "You look so shiny, did someone brush you?"

"What a handsome man."

"Thank you," Joey grins. 

"Not you, fucker," you scoff and scratch behind Tux's ears. Tux nuzzles into Joey's face and gives us both a little trill before he moves against Joey's arms to signal he wants to go free again. 

Joey lets the cat go and we continue our walk down the street next to a cemetery. 

"I proposed to you over there," Joey motions to the bench under a weeping willow near a mausoleum. 

"You say that every time we pass by it," I pull Joey close to me by his shoulders and kiss his temple.  And every time it makes me remember that day. My husband grabs my left hand on his shoulder and kisses the ring. 

"I know," Joey hums. 

We keep walking down the street, noticing a few other people in and around the cemetery. It's an odd time to be in it, but as professional alts, we get it. You gotta get spooky sometimes.

"Hey! Sto-" a woman yells from the cemetery. Joey and I exchange a glance. 

"What the hell?" I ask, taking a few steps over to the cemetery gates to see two people struggling against another pair that seem to be mugging them. 

Joey pulls the gate open and lets me in as we stalk over to examine the scene from behind a tree. 

"You know that knife I hate you carry?" Joey asks.

"I have it," I reply as I step out from behind the tree with my hand on the blade at my hip. 

"No, don't-" my partner tries to grab me, but I've already moved too far away for him to grab me without blowing his cover. 

"Is there a problem here?" I approach the people getting mugged. I push my trench coat back to grab my knife. 

"Hel--" a young woman is restrained under a man's grip.

"Not at all. You got any money on ya?" the man smirks. 

Joey comes up from behind the man and kicks his knee out, freeing the young woman as I threaten the other mugger restraining a guy by pulling out my knife and moving to hurt him with it. He taunts me before scuttling away when the knife gets a bit too close to his arm. 

"Are you guys okay?" I ask as I help the guy up, feeling warm dampness leaking through his shirt. "You're bleeding."

"She is too," Joey approaches me.